Garmin issue (Read 155 times)

runnerxc

Hi All,

I have a Forerunner 405 and have never had an issue uploading my runs.  I've been away from the site for a bit and am now back and now no matter what I do, I go to upload my runs and it says "no new data" and there are new runs to upload.  It sees my Garmin, tries to upload, but isn't seeing that there is new data.

Any ideas why??  thanks for your help.

CT JEFF

same issue eric.

Garmin Express was offered as a recent upgrade. Since then uploads stopped working.

Thanks.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

eric :)

Garmin Express is only compatible with Garmin Connect. If you install it, you will no longer be able to upload your workouts to RunningAHEAD.com or any other websites. I am working on a way to work around the problem. You should uninstall it for now.

eric Smile

Iza

I have Garmin Connect installed, but have only used it to upload data to Garmin after I've already uploaded my workout to here at RA. So it might be that people can still use Garmin Connect, but it's important, for now, to upload to RA first before letting Garmin Connect work with the data.

CT JEFF

Thanks Eric. Uninstalled Garmin Express. (kept data files but it doesnt seem to matter) - reinstalled ANT Agent

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3741

You are right. I tried 3 sites for upload and none took the Garmin Express uploads (Beginner Triathlete, RA, MapMyRun). Finally, things are working for me again.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

yond

I think Garmin Connect is the website, you do not need to install it.  What you mean might be Garmin Express?

I have Garmin Connect installed, but have only used it to upload data to Garmin after I've already uploaded my workout to here at RA. So it might be that people can still use Garmin Connect, but it's important, for now, to upload to RA first before letting Garmin Connect work with the data.

Iza

I think Garmin Connect is the website, you do not need to install it.  What you mean might be Garmin Express?

Yes, Garmin Express, sorry that I confused the names.

redleaf

Uhm I almost never hook up to the garmin website or program and I get told I cannot Sad

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

I have had Garmin Express installed for awhile now and no issues with upload.  Only problems I had was not with RA but with Garmin Connect and that was with my older Garmin 305 which was having battery issues. It was not until I replaced it with Garmin 10,  I found out that Garmin no longer supports some of the older Garmin's like the 305. It worked at first with Garmin Connect but then stopped  when I had to install Express.  My Garmin 10 on the other hand is supported and works well with RA upload and Garmin Connect and Express.

Of course I am also using XP on my PC...so that will be an issue soon since Garmin Express and Connect will no longer work with XP. But then I have been dragging my feet on upgrading since I only use this old PC for upload to RA.  

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

kimkschwartz

I am also having the exact same issues with my Garmin Forerunner 405.  I see my workouts on my watch but keeps saying no new data since July 2nd.  I do not have the Garmin express installed, so not sure why I am having these issues. Any help would be great Smile