Dear newcomers (Read 2570 times)

Slo

This place is awesome.

Welcome.

Which is why you don't find me at any other !

Now get your ass back in the masters!

runfoolery

So you're saying I should wear a running skirt over my tights? Do they come with pockets?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thank you, Eric!

And I will pass the Wisconsin beer and cookies around to everyone - RWOL, RA, CR, whatever.  In the words of SRL, I love everybody!

New Glarus, FTW!

*sniff* I miss my home state (though we have some pretty amazing brews over here in MI, too).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

So you're saying I should wear a running skirt over my tights? Do they come with pockets?

My running skirts have three pockets. 

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

not lazy, just tired

Thanks for the welcome everyone. As much as I like seeing all the familiar posters from RW, I also want become part of RA; don't want to see it change to be more like RW. 

And I'm thinking that maple bacon cookies could be pretty tasty.

Not if it makes sense.

runfoolery

Damn, I need to think about this. I am pocketsless in my current cold running attire.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The CR users accused RA of not being friendly and welcoming.  Many of them left in a huff and went back to Active.com, saying they rather put up with Active.com than to deal with RA's users.

It took a bit more time and some wise words from our resident philosopher (whom I just learned just became a father of a beautiful little girl) for everyone to settle down and settle in.  If you ask me or anyone else who was a CR user, neither I nor him or her would be able to tell you.

Like move in day in college, it is both scary and exciting to learn who will be in the same dorm as you.  It will take some time for the dust to settle and get everyone acquainted.  Despite the similarities, I can tell you that the RW folks are much friendlier and considerate than the CR users that went back to Active.

I personally have found that the CR folks who stuck around ended up being some of the most amazing friends and contributors to RA.  I have no doubt that this will be the case with those who have migrated from RWOL, too.  Runners are mostly a pretty cool bunch.

~ Sarah Kay

Why no, that's not a tear in my eye, just a little dust. Eric most definitely DIDN'T make me cry.

Or Zoomy for that matter.

Welcome again new peeps! I'm more of an apple and/or cupcake gal myself!

#artbydmcbride

Damn, I need to think about this. I am pocketsless in my current cold running attire.

You could always think of it as a kilt!

Runners run

Supersono99

Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to getting to know the RA users and the new culture. I mostly read and don't post, but maybe that'll change. 

toyger

Thanks for the welcome! Look forward to being part of the RA community.

Jen

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

New Glarus, FTW!

*sniff* I miss my home state (though we have some pretty amazing brews over here in MI, too).

I may be drinking a Spotted Cow later tonight!  You do have some good stuff from MI as well -- Bells, of course.  But I can still buy that here Smile

Running is dumb.

LRB

You do have some good stuff from MI as well -- Bells, of course.  But I can still buy that here Smile

A girl after my own heart.  There is a ton of stuff made here including Two Hearted ale by Bells which I coincidentally have a few of.

Say, speaking of heart.  Where is Robin?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

A girl after my own heart.  There is a ton of stuff made here including Two Hearted ale by Bells which I coincidentally have a few of.

I learned the hard way last weekend that Two Hearted hangovers are the worst thing ever...worse than any red wine hangover I've ever experienced.  3.5 pints over the course of about 2.5 hours was probably 1 pint too many. Black eye

~ Sarah Kay

HCH

Welcome, new peeps!

I can empathize with you because I found my home at RA after Active blew up Cool Running. It was painful. You keep a log for years. You find a little corner of the interwebs that feels like home. And then some big corporation blows it up... But in hindsight I owe Active a big thank you because I never would have found my way over here had it not been for that fiasco, and this is an amazing site populated with some amazing runners, fast and slow, young and old, new and experienced. I've learned so much, been inspired to do things I never thought I could and some I probably shouldn't have, and made some great friends on the way. I even bought a running skirt.Wink

It's exciting to see so many new faces. Help yourself to a beer and cupcake and stick around. I know you folks have a lot to contribute, so thanks for joining us!

BTW, I went over to Runnersworld.com last night to check out the forums. I was skeptical that the spam could be as bad as people were saying, but yup, it really is that bad. Rodale should be embarassed.

Only 26.2 miles more to go.