First 15K Road Race (Read 721 times)

I finished the Frostbite 15K Road Race in Raynham, MA yesterday. My goal was 1:25 and I finished in 1:21:48 so I'm pretty proud of myself. This was only my second road race and I do most of my running work on a treadmill, but I feel like I did pretty well for myself. It was a blast and I can't wait to do a couple more. -John

Falling is easy, it's getting back up that becomes the problem ~Staind

Cryptic

Awesome! Congrats on smashing your goal!

Now that was a bath...

That's fantastic. Well done you! That's a pretty impressive pace over 15K too and it's always nice to read positve experiences of races - I have my first in 4 days! Claire xxxx
      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Princess Cancer Pants

That's awesome...you didn't just barely beat your goal, either! WTG!!! Big grin k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

Thanks! Claire, I was never into running races until I did my first a little over a month ago and now I've got the bug. I'm still hurtin' today, but it's all good.

Falling is easy, it's getting back up that becomes the problem ~Staind

My dogs are fast, not me

Congratulations!! Excellent job on surpassing your goal. robin

Robin

Nice race! Big grin
                2009: BQ?
                bas

Great! You will be coming back for more! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East