Nashville folks ... (Read 630 times)

Prophet!

have you seen Nicole Kidman cruising around ??? I didn't know she lives there...must be quite a change from LA or Australia... Self-hijack - which celebrities have you seen/run-into/talked with recently, i've actually met and talk to Cameron Diaz, Justin Timberlake...and seen just about every member of LOST cast, oh and Hooper from Sesame Street...
      well, I'm really going to go OT because I don't live in Nashville and the last time I saw a celebrity was on our flight to Hawaii. We saw...Lock? is that his name? the old balding/grey headed guy. Nothing exciting. Blush But if you ever get a chance to see Court TV's Beach Patrol (because EVERYone watches Court TV, right? LOL!), you might see my husband. He's one of SanDiego's finest...an Ocean Lifeguard. Cool Evidently people have seen him in a few episodes but we haven't seen any yet.

Jennifer mm#1231

madness baby

Just saw Jim Belushi this morning as some friends and I left brunch. He and his kids were riding bikes with their dog in Brentwood. He said hello. kind of fun! Smile Besides that, I met Steven Tyler in Boston a few years ago and got a picture with him. Steve, it must be nice to get to see some famous people when they're on vacation and relaxing!
        deb
        Jill_B

I fly.

I have not seen Nicole, but my mother (also a Nashvillian) saw her in whole foods. True to form, my mother had no idea who she was, but said she saw the skinniest, most beautiful redhead in the grocery store. Also, I used to be good friends with the guy from King Missle -- when I lived in NYC I used to see Candace Bergen and Bill Cosby (not together) walking in Central Park all the time. Also, I saw Julia Roberts in a drug store once and ate at the table next to Sarah Jessica Parker and matthew Broderick once when I was on a date.

Bring it on.

JakeKnight

One of the cool things about Nashville (and, um, there ain't all that many) is that the country music types are everywhere, and nobody makes much of a big deal about it. We've seen most of them at one time or another. I've seen celebs mobbed in LA or NYC. Here, people barely seem to notice. I dig that. My better half worked for Wynonna Judd for a few years, which was ... interesting. She got to see a lot of the non-glamourous side of the business. Why she still reads "People" after some of that is beyond me. Saw Kieth Urban at a wedding, but I think that was pre-Nicole. Does that count? He was much taller than I thought. Speaking of tall, I ran into Alan Jackson in a local sandwich shop the other day (Jersey Mike's at Hwy 70 & Old Hickory, for the locals). Just a regular dude, picking up lunch for the family. Nobody even asked for an autograph. We had two dogs that belong to either Brooks or Dunn (from, uh, Brooks and Dunn), can't remember which. They'd run away (the dogs, not the singing dudes) and we found them, took them to the vet, found the owners. Now here's why you shouldn't buy Brooks and Dunn albums: after I drove myself to their ginormous mansion on Old Hickory, and returned their very cute schnauzers, they didn't even offer a reward. C'mon. I'm standing in front of an 8-car garage (seriously), I took care of your dogs all day, and you don't think to offer me a gift certificate to Toys R Us or something? Sheesh. As for Nicole Kidman, she's supposedly seen all over town, doing surprisingly normal things. Like indeed grocery shopping. Tom Cruise is such a shmuck. Well, so are the rest of them, but he wins a special prize.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

Jill_B

I fly.

Oh yeah, Allison Kraus (she's the singer with Union Station, right?) and I use the same dry cleaner and seem to be the only ones picking up clothing on a regular basis. Clearly I'm not asking her for an autograph since that'd be really weird.

Bring it on.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

there ain't all that many
                One of the REALLY cool things about Nashville is that not everybody who lives here is so negative about Nashville. Roll eyes Dude, JN go have a beer. I once saw Lyle Lovett at the Pancake Pantry. It does not get any more Nashville than tha! JB, which dry cleaner?!?
                JakeKnight

One of the REALLY cool things about Nashville is that not everybody who lives here is so negative about Nashville. Roll eyes
                  Negative or realistic? You say potato, I say ... etc. Just keepin' it real, homeslice. Hey, if you're a big fan of cars in front yards on cinderblocks (and that's them thar fancy neighborhoods), next-door neighbors who STILL have thier Christmas lights up, skunks with rabies and people who don't know what "leash law" means, and chicks with more tattoos than teeth ... Nashville rocks. Tell me I'm wrong here. And if you can do it with a straight face, I'm skipping the beer and sharing what you're smoking.

My dogs are fast, not me

Negative or realistic? You say potato, I say ... etc. Just keepin' it real, homeslice. Hey, if you're a big fan of cars in front yards on cinderblocks (and that's them thar fancy neighborhoods), next-door neighbors who STILL have thier Christmas lights up, skunks with rabies and people who don't know what "leash law" means, and chicks with more tattoos than teeth ... Nashville rocks. Tell me I'm wrong here. And if you can do it with a straight face, I'm skipping the beer and sharing what you're smoking.
                    JK, you think its bad over there? Drive a couple hours west on I40.... I'm just saying.... When my parents come down from Boston, they like to go to the Wal-Mart. They (the parents) act like it's a zoo for viewing the locals.

Robin

JakeKnight

JK, you think its bad over there? Drive a couple hours west on I40.... I'm just saying.... When my parents come down from Boston, they like to go to the Wal-Mart. They (the parents) act like it's a zoo for viewing the locals.
                      Bwa ha ha! Oh, yeah, how could I forget to mention the always fun trip to the Tennessee Wal-Mart? I never go in ours except when I'm looking for Christmas lights ... but, wow, that is definitely an experience, ain't it? I'd say "a zoo for viewing the locals" is just about perfect. Which is sad ... since I now qualify as part of the exhibit. The redneck primate cage, I guess. I doubt I'll see Nicole Kidman there, though. Smile

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

JK, you do not live in Nashville. You live in Devon Park. Or Bellevue. Or some such place. That thar is hicksville. Time for you to move to the big city...
                        JakeKnight

JK, you do not live in Nashville. You live in Devon Park. Or Bellevue. Or some such place. That thar is hicksville. Time for you to move to the big city...
                          You know, I really wasn't kidding about my next door neighbor. February 26th, and I'm looking at his X-mas lights right now. That deserves some kind of award. The guy across the street just took his lit-up reindeer in this morning. Ho ho ho!

Jill_B

I fly.

The one as you drive down 21st into Hillsboro Village -- you'd think I could tell you its name since they have all of Guri's clothing and our money, but I can't remember. The biggest shock about moving to Nashville is how many grown men wear overalls in public. You just don't get that up north.

Bring it on.

Jill_B

I fly.

The guy across the street just took his lit-up reindeer in this morning. Ho ho ho!
                              My friend in Spring Hill still has her house fully decorated and turns the lights on every night. I'm not sure why.

Bring it on.

We actually have Walmarts in Massachusetts now too, a few of them anyway. They are a zoo for viewing fat people. On topic, most of the famous people I see around Boston are athletes. But that may be because I wouldn't notice an actor or some such entertainment celeb, if there were any around here. Except the summer of 2005 when they were filming "The Departed" on the street where I work. We would see Jack Nicholson, Martin Sheen, Matt Damon, Leo D. and the rest of the crew out on the street. The street was actually closed to the public a lot of the time so the only people out there were wearing WB Studio tags or worked in one of the offices. It was annoying at times, but kind of cool. I watched them film some of the scene where the gang of bad guys are leaving the abandoned building in the van and a shootout breaks out with the cops. Also the scene where Martin Sheen's character gets thrown off the building. They filmed the falling scene in super slow motion.

Runners run