Intervals (Read 1198 times)

eric :)

Joe, I'll have to think more about the intervals. I'll add the age group placements when I get a chance. eric Smile
      Good evening Eric! Thanks again for the site!!!! I was wondering what the criteria is for runs on the summary page. Here is the deal...I have started my speedwork this year and I am listing both warm up and cool down as seperate workouts. When I log the runs, I guess I would expect to see on the summary page the tempo run "sandwiched" between the warm up and cool down. Am I doing something wrong and how can I fix this? Thanks!
      "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways.... totally worn out ....shouting...."Holy S**t....What a ride!"

Rob, You're not doing anything wrong. The problem is with the graphing package. It really should be sandwiched, but the graphing function is somewhat brain dead and lumped everything together. There are a lot of other stuff that I'm not happy with the graphing (there's another post somewhere here that talked about this), but I won't be able to get to fixing it for a while. By the way, the graphing stuff is beyond my control. Everywhere else (i.e., the calendar, and list workouts page), the workout's time of day is respected. eric Smile
          Thanks for getting back so quickly, Eric. In the scheme of things, it's not a big deal. I guess the anal, er, uh, maticulous side will have to get over it. Thanks again for the site. So far 2 of my buddies have joined and they love it!
          "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways.... totally worn out ....shouting...."Holy S**t....What a ride!"
            Just to add to the fun: I will often use the treadmill in the gym for a run\walk workout (think recovering from IT Band issues Roll eyes ). Right now, you have to enter in your distance and time. Any way to enter in your distance and pace? For example, I know I walked for 2 minutes at 4 mph, then I ran for 4 mins at 6 mph, then 2 at 4.2, then 4 at 6.2, etc. The only way to do this now (using the interval form - nice idea BTW!) is to separately calculate how far I ran, and then have it calculate my pace from that. BTW - I love the sight! So much better than my old excell log! (And I may get around to asking for you to import that some point soon!)

Basically... run!

Hey Eric. Smile First off, thanks for this awesome site! I love being able to record and see my progress, and all of the options you include are so useful. This was kind of an old post, so I'm just wondering if this is still the case:
              The problem is with the graphing package. It really should be sandwiched, but the graphing function is somewhat brain dead and lumped everything together. There are a lot of other stuff that I'm not happy with the graphing (there's another post somewhere here that talked about this), but I won't be able to get to fixing it for a while. By the way, the graphing stuff is beyond my control. Everywhere else (i.e., the calendar, and list workouts page), the workout's time of day is respected. eric Smile
              I logged a warm-up and then a cool-down separately from an interval run, and the warm-up and cool-down were lumped together. I was hoping to see three separate sections on the bar graph for today. Hmm... would it help if I made two new run types for warm-up and cool-down rather than logging them both as type "Slow"? MTA: Well, that will separate them, but not put them in the right order. Oh well, no big deal if the graphing program can't handle it. I will get over it. Smile Thanks so much for all your hard work! -Anna

Eternal Rookie

Hi Joe, This is the post you're referring to: Running Log Tip #1: Interval. Maybe it can help you. If not, let me know and I'll guide you through it. eric Smile
                Hi Eric, New to the board and have the same questions about WU, WD and jogs in between intervals and it appears the Running Log Tip #1 post no longer exists or was moved. Also, is there a tip on how to upload previous logs from excel? Thanks.

Eternal Rookie, I changed the links to be search engine friendly to generate more exposure for the site a while back. The link was in the old format. Here's the updated link: /forums/topic/7e67971bcd5540228ffebe75ce3fc95e Drop me an email regarding uploading the log and I'll take care of it for you. eric Smile
                  AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I clicked on that link you posted most recently: http://www.forums.com/topic/7e67971bcd5540228ffebe75ce3fc95e and it appears to go to an advertising/spam site. Maybe there is another new version?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Sorry about that. The text is correct if you paste it into the browser. I've fixed it so now it points to the proper page.