Anybody have dry, cracked skin on soles of their feet? (Read 1876 times)

The Greatest of All Time

I have the same problem and as someone suggested you have to put lotion on your feet on a daily basis. But for initial treatment I use the cheese grater thing to shave as much down as possible. Sounds like you're already familiar with this. Then for about a week put a lot of vaseline on your feet before bed and put socks on. It does work. If you can find a permanent cure I would be highly interested. But I have an appointment with a podiatrist on Friday (for possible orthotics) and will ask him and report back. My feet have been jacked like this since I was in the Army from 89-92. I blame it on wearing boots all the time.
    all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Go Pre!

When I had this problem, it worked if I soaked my feet first, absorbing the water, then just lightly pat dry and use the vaseline to hold the water in as opposed to just moisturizing them. Same thing worked for hands.

Go Pre!

BTW Marcus, I miss your 'fart' avatar!

My running partner!

I would see a dermatologist - I use a cream called Loprox and have no more problems with dry skin or callouses!
          Kat
            Try this. Buy a bottle of baby oil. When you're in the shower, rub the baby oil on your feet and between your toes etc. Finsih your shower and the excess baby oil will rinse aray. After a couple of weeks, your skin will improve and the dryness will start to go away.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"