Toaster Ovens (Read 1513 times)

This bad boy:

We are happy with it!

Is that the one that uses high power infrared LED light bulbs to comply with the light bulb regulations?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Is that the one that uses high power infrared LED light bulbs to comply with the light bulb regulations?

I think so.  The ones with the compact fluorescents didn't work out.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We just inherited a Cuisinart one that we'd given to my MIL a few years back for her vacation home.  I am totally NOT impressed.  Especially given that it cost probably 2x what our Toastmaster one cost.

#1 reason why it sucks is that it has this arbitrary ticky-ticky-ticky timer that one MUST use in order to make it function.  Timer buys a person all of 5 minutes.  And it burns the top of whatever is cooked in bake mode, while stuff on the inside is still cold.  Our Toastmaster is essentially a tiny oven.  This POS Qweezenart is a big, f'ing toaster...that gets REALLY hot after just a single 5 minute cycle.  Whoopdeefuckindeal.  I'd like to know how one cooks 2 tiny chickens in 5 minute increments?

I could never understand why my MIL didn't like it and didn't see the value that we saw in a toaster oven.  NOW I know.  Had this been my first toaster oven I wouldn't be a devotee of the appliance, either.

Off to Goodwill with that noise.

MTA, perhaps we won't even go so far as to take it to Goodwill...looks like it could end up being a serious hazard to someone else (heh, perhaps we could go "Office Space" on its ass!).  Had I seen these reviews before I purchased it from BB&B I wouldn't have.  Looks like it only has a 2 star average because Amazon requires at least 1.  Were an appliance to start sparking and/or catch on fire I'd not give it 1 star, for certain.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah. We did not buy that one.  It received poor reviews.