Week to date - miles not adding up correctly (Read 503 times)

As of today 30 June, 2011, my week to date figure, therefore Monday to Thursday was/is correct at 60.6 km.   After entering my 12.3 km run for tdoay, Friday, the week to date is claiming to be 73.0 km when in fact should be 72.9 km.   The July firgure is correct at 12.3 km and also the June stats are correct as well.

When I delete today's (Friday's) run of 12.3 km, the week to date figure correctly reports 60.6 km.   Re-entering today's run of 12.3 km and still the maths are out by 0.1 km.  

Steve
    My Marathons and another interest Sports Photography

Is todays run logged as exactly 12.3, or 12.3x?  It could be rounding up if some of your runs this week are some fraction of a km, such that when they are all summed it rounds up to the 73km?

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

18.31 + 18.34 + 24 = 60.65 rounds to 60.6.

18.31 + 18.34 + 24 + 12.3 = 72.95 rounds to 73.0.

I don't know what the man behind the curtain is actually doing, but it looks like a rounding game?

MTA: Note that the report only shows to 1 decimal place, but if you actually look at the workout, it shows to 2 decimal places.

DoppleBock

I do not know about other countries, but we round the 5 up and not down.  So 72.95 does = 73.0 - Seems like correct math to me if you are reporting in 10ths.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

I do not know about other countries, but we round the 5 up and not down.  So 72.95 does = 73.0 - Seems like correct math to me if you are reporting in 10ths.

That was more or less my point too.  Although I don't have a good reason why 60.65 rounds down to 60.6 and 72.95 rounds up to 73.0.  

MTA: Wasn't there a rule in chemistry where you rounded down if the preceding digit was even and up if the preceding digit was odd?  Although maybe I'm making things up - I didn't pay much attention in chem. 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That was more or less my point too.  Although I don't have a good reason why 60.65 rounds down to 60.6 and 72.95 rounds up to 73.0.  

MTA: Wasn't there a rule in chemistry where you rounded down if the preceding digit was even and up if the preceding digit was odd?  Although maybe I'm making things up - I didn't pay much attention in chem. 

Yes to your final question -- that occurred to me as I looked at the numbers as well.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Rounding is not the issue or it shouldn't be.   I enter all my runs to the tenth of a kilometre.   So all runs are:

====

====

I upload my runs via the "upload by gps file" method.   I purposely edit 18.31 to 18.3, have been doing that for ages.

"Just Devin", how did you arrive at those figures?   As I mentioned, I didn't input those figures.

Steve

Problem solved, I posted my response first and checked second only to find I should have checked first then post second.  

The two 18.3 km runs, for some reason, they were at 18.31 & 18.35 respectively, obviously those two runs were not edited as I suggested but I could swear black and blue that I did orginally edit them.

Anyway, problem fixed. 

Steve