Beta Alanine (Read 1849 times)

localoutoftowner

I've used it with weight training and I'd like to use it while running, but I'm afraid that the flush will mess me up. Anyone have any experience with Beta Alanine and running?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I've got my eyes on this thread.

jpdeaux

No

SMART Approach

I've used it with weight training and I'd like to use it while running, but I'm afraid that the flush will mess me up. Anyone have any experience with Beta Alanine and running?

The flush will not mess up your running. I took a product call C4 PERFORMANCE before my long run this past Saturday and felt the tingling. I actually felt phenomenal taking this product 30 minutes before my long run and it was more than the 100mg of caffeine as I take that often. I will experiment more.

It really isn't a flush because your skin does not change color. It is actually a tingling in the face and some feel it throughout the body. It is temporary until the beta alanine is absorbed. One theory holds that beta-Alanine is a nitric oxide potentiator.  So, when you consume beta-Alanine, wherever your body is making nitric oxide at that point in time, the beta-Alanine will magnify the nitric oxide effect and you will feel extra blood flowing through the capillaries close to your skin surface.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

localoutoftowner

I think that is a good product. How many scoops do you use? Have you taken a product with the1,3-Dimethylamylamine (Geranium) before? I love that stuff.  I was a little more interested with someone who hasn't taken it with such a large dose of stimulants. Look up the effects of Beta-Alanine and carnosine production. Good stuff. Also, have you taken the regular 3.2g that is normally recommended? In any case, I get really hot during runs, and I know that it temporarily makes me a bit hotter, which is what my concern is.

xor

4:20

localoutoftowner

4:20?

Kalsarikännit

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

localoutoftowner

I don't get it. Oh well.

xor

Geranium

I remember when they bombed Pearl Harbor.

BIG TIME EDIT:

Ok, ok.  Let's start here: 1,3-Dimethylamylamine

That will lead you here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylhexanamine

...otherwise known as Geranamine.

A geranium is a flower. Very pretty.

Also, this:

"In New Zealand, methylhexanamine (under the name 1,3-dimethylamylamine or DMAA) is an emerging active ingredient of party pills.[10] Side-effects including headache, nausea, and stroke have been reported in recreational users of these products.[11] In November 2009, the New Zealand government indicated that methylhexanamine would be scheduled as a restricted substance.[12] The New Zealand government has not banned methylhexanamine, however, its Ministry of Health has banned bulk powder purchases, but its sale in the form of capsules and tablets is permitted."

localoutoftowner

Did you bother reading about where it comes from?

xor

Let me guess.

geraniums.

Please let me be right.

localoutoftowner

I guess they should probably ban coffee too because of the caffeine content.

xor

I guess they should probably ban coffee too because of the caffeine content.

No, they should ban coffee because it makes you poop.

They should ban NUUN's "Kona Cola" flavor because it contains caffeine without really pointing that out.

Which may explain why I'm still up.

localoutoftowner

Edit-Back to topic.