Garmin Forerunner Integration completed (Read 3794 times)

Many thanks Eric. I'm having problems with the graphs (Under the report section not the GPS import graph) though, I'm getting "No Data", I've tried running new graphs and it seems only to be a problem when trying to use "ANY ACTIVITY" as the selection criteria. For anybody struggling. I initially had problems with the import even though I had the Garmin Plugin loaded. It turns they weren't the latest versions. It worked perfectly following all the instructions from the instruction page. So even if you think you've got the USB and plugin drivers loaded, get the latest ones.
    Thanks! Great Update All of the summary data is coming in well, but the graphs show "No Data". I wasn't sure what was meant by trying to use "ANY ACTIVITY." I am using a Forerunner 50 with foot pod. Any suggestions...
    eric :)

I'm still getting the multiple GPS devices attached warning. Hmm....
      PWL and Pam, Could you guys go over to http://www8.garmin.com/products/communicator/test/ and copy and paste the results back here so I can see what you got?
      PWL

Has been

The test page finds our two Garmin devices: PWL (my 305) Em's Garmie (my wife's 405)

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

PWL and Pam, Could you guys go over to http://www8.garmin.com/products/communicator/test/ and copy and paste the results back here so I can see what you got?
          Home » Products » Garmin Communicator Plugin » Test Page Garmin Communicator Plugin Test Page Communicator Plugin is properly installed and up to date, version 2.6.3.0. Garmin GPS device is detected and communicating properly: Pams

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

PWL

Has been

Sorry, I didn't actually cut and paste. See below: Communicator Plugin is properly installed and up to date, version 2.6.3.0. Garmin GPS device is detected and communicating properly: PWL Em's Garmie

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

The test page finds our two Garmin devices: PWL (my 305) Em's Garmie (my wife's 405)
              That's the problem. It sees two devices. Disconnect one of them and it should be fine.
              PWL

Has been

That's the problem. It sees two devices. Disconnect one of them and it should be fine.
                I get that. But the point is, there is only one connected--the 305. The 405 is in my wife's bag three rooms away. And I don't have the ANT stick plugged into my computer, so it shouldn't be able to connect to my computer anyway.

Home » Products » Garmin Communicator Plugin » Test Page Garmin Communicator Plugin Test Page Communicator Plugin is properly installed and up to date, version 2.6.3.0. Garmin GPS device is detected and communicating properly: Pams
                  Hrm... I don't know what to make of this...

I get that. But the point is, there is only one connected--the 305. The 405 is in my wife's bag three rooms away. And I don't have the ANT stick plugged into my computer, so it shouldn't be able to connect to my computer anyway.
                    I understood what you said. However, Garmin is seeing two devices. I'm not sure why or how. I'll add a dropdown so you can choose which one to use to get around this problem.
                      Hrm... I don't know what to make of this...
                      Oh Eric I'm not having any problems now at all. I had problems earlier with Explorer however I was able to upload using firefox. THis evening I tried explorer again and all is good! I was just letting PWL know that I had the same issue but got it resolved Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

PWL

Has been

I understood what you said. However, Garmin is seeing two devices. I'm not sure why or how. I'll add a dropdown so you can choose which one to use to get around this problem.
                        That would be super. I'm still confused as to why Garmin would be finding the 405. If I unplug the 305, and try and upload info off the 405, it only finds 7 runs, none of which are actually on the 405. They are 7 runs from Sept of 2008. I'm really confused now.

That would be super. I'm still confused as to why Garmin would be finding the 405. If I unplug the 305, and try and upload info off the 405, it only finds 7 runs, none of which are actually on the 405. They are 7 runs from Sept of 2008. I'm really confused now.
                          So the 405's completely disconnected? As in, there is no USB cable going into the computer?

Oh Eric I'm not having any problems now at all. I had problems earlier with Explorer however I was able to upload using firefox. THis evening I tried explorer again and all is good! I was just letting PWL know that I had the same issue but got it resolved Smile
                            Bah! I uploaded a fix tonight to ignore all non-GPS devices, which is why it's working for you now. It has nothing to do with the browser.
                            PWL

Has been

So the 405's completely disconnected? As in, there is no USB cable going into the computer?
                              Not at all. The 405 doesn't have a USB cord for it--just the little ANT stick so it can connect wirelessly. And that is sitting across the room. So I can't figure out what is going on.

Bah! I uploaded a fix tonight to ignore all non-GPS devices, which is why it's working for you now. It has nothing to do with the browser.
                                I tried IE and it came up with the multiple error message however I tried firefox like 10 minutes later and had no problem. I tried IE several times throughout the day and it wasn't working until tonight.