Sunglasses ? (Read 1172 times)

Beginner all over again

Which sunglasses do you prefer?

Right now I'm running in these, which I accidentally happened upon, but

They are really light, don't slide or slip, and have good side coverage.

I don't even know I"m wearing them.  Comfy!

http://www.amazon.com/Jackson-3020121-Nemesis-Safety-Glasses/dp/B002JG55BW 

They are actually safety glasses (?)

$5 bucks     Smile

Am I doing this right?

I'm wearing a pair of Tifosi Slip sunglasses that I got at a local bike shop.  I really like them.  Very light, vented lenses, and the lenses are also the kind that automatically darken in the sunlight.  This allows me to use one pair of glasses for any condition. 

I've had them for a couple months.  Really like them so far.  My current issue is sweat management.  Trying to keep it off my face, and off the lenses.

No excuses....

I'm wearing a pair of Tifosi Slip sunglasses that I got at a local bike shop.  I really like them.  Very light, vented lenses, and the lenses are also the kind that automatically darken in the sunlight.  This allows me to use one pair of glasses for any condition. 

I've had them for a couple months.  Really like them so far.  My current issue is sweat management.  Trying to keep it off my face, and off the lenses.

I've had the Tifosi Tyrant for over a year.  Same type of lens...light that automatically darken in the sun.  I love them.  Fit perfect and are great for the time I usually run.  I'm usually out around 6 am, the lens are light so it's easy to see when it's still somewhat dark out, and still protects me from the wind on those windy days, and those little bugs that enjoy flying in your eyes on those warm summer mornings.  By mid run when the sun is out, the lens darken protecting me from those strong rays.

I bought a polarized pair from the One More Mile booth at a race expo a couple of weeks ago. I like them so far.
          Slice

I have a pair that DH got for a $1. They're light and I won't feel the least bit bad when I inevitably lose them or smash them in my gym bag. I do wish they were darker but beggars can't be choosers...

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

I wear Ryder Sprints, which I also first found in a local bike shop.

Cheap (under $40, less in some places), vented, light and pretty durable. Come in a variety of colors (lens and frame), and have interchangeable lenses.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

and I won't feel the least bit bad when I inevitably lose them

Mine were free, I picked them up off the sidewalk, thanks whoever.  And I didn't get lice or any such nonsense.

But I've been looking for a replacement, dreading the idea of paying more than 20 bucks.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Feeling the growl again

Sadly, I wear a couple $10 pairs from CVS.  I usually get 2-3 years out of them before they break.

I splurged on a pair of Oakley's once.  They were great.  I lost them in 3 weeks.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Sadly, I wear a couple $10 pairs from CVS.  I usually get 2-3 years out of them before they break.

I splurged on a pair of Oakley's once.  They were great.  I lost them in 3 weeks.

Same here, got a pair of Oakley's for my birthday once, promptly dropped hem and scratched the lens in a week, the CVS glasses are good till they break, and I don't flinch about throwing them away if they get scratched.  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I have a pair of Oakley Half Jackets that I bought before I started running that work pretty well for me.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

jfa

I have a real nice pair of Ray Bans I got as a Christmas present. They never leave my car. I use cheapies for everything else.

Precisely the reason I'll never allow myself to splurge on a pair of Oakley's.

runnermom61

I'm running in the Tifosi Alpe (which are good if you have a small face).  I'm a convert to the Tifosi brand -- reasonable pricing, decent quality -- good enough to last for a while, but not so expensive in case you lose them.  You can choose from models with photogray lenses, 3 interchangeable lenses, polarized lenses, or standard lenses.  Available online.  I bought mine from AthleticShades.com.  (NFI)

grapes

I have a pair of Oakley Half-Jackets that I've managed to hang onto and not break for nearly four years now. When I'm not running, they go right into the gigantic padded case that came with them. I use cheapos for driving and for everyday use, but I do love the Oakleys. 

I bought two pairs of $10 shades at Target last summer, figuring I'd lose/break one or the other.  Still have both.

I also have an old pair of Nike Hyperion III's; wore them a few times, they worked well, but they're metal-framed and just too heavy for running.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau