Junk miles (Read 219 times)

Oh Gods please no.

I've seen people over 80, and don't tell them, but it looks horrible.

Just don't say that to a couple friends of mine.  He was yelled at by his kids over a year ago on the grounds that an 87 year old man is too old to be walking around on the roof of his house.  He's 89 now, she's about the same age, and they both do their 2.5 mile walk every day year around.  In Wisconsin.  After that, he works in his garden or cuts firewood.

It's lifestyle.  There is evidence that a physically active lifestyle keeps you healthy, independent, and out of nursing homes.

Just don't say that to a couple friends of mine.  He was yelled at by his kids over a year ago on the grounds that an 87 year old man is too old to be walking around on the roof of his house.  He's 89 now, she's about the same age, and they both do their 2.5 mile walk every day year around.  In Wisconsin.  After that, he works in his garden or cuts firewood.

It's lifestyle.  There is evidence that a physically active lifestyle keeps you healthy, independent, and out of nursing homes.

Oh, I know dozens of outliers, including in my own family (great Uncle in 90's up on a two story roof as well, Mom 90 taking no medications and doing great). It's the average oldster with their dozen medications per day pill-popping, medical treatments and visits as a social life and major topic of conversation, and inability to do much without help that I'm talking about. No thank you, I'll pass. But, to each their own.

Sorry for this thread taking a dark turn, uncomfortable or enraging for some.

Will extra junk miles prolong the existence of this mortal coil? Or will they reduce it?

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Oh Gods please no.

Tell that to the 4 80+ year old runners that just finished competing in the 24-hour national championships with the winner running over 70 miles.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Gizmo2019

Oh Gods please no.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚don’t tell them!!

i love 80 yr olds.

hammadsamla

Hey There I just Found A website which is selling free coupons and promocodes.! https://couponsagent.com/

Hey This Is Sam Here.! I Created A Profile Which is providing Free Coupons and Promocodes https://couponsagent.com/

MY Website Provide Over 5000 Free Coupon Codes Get Yours Now Happy Shopping.!