Public Service Announcement (Read 784 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If you don't pet the trolls they will eventually get bored and go elsewhere (this is like BB/Forums 101, I think).  Wading through posts engaging trolls is quite possibly more irritating than actual troll posts.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You're wearing women's running shoes, aren't you?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

But for those of us recently put on house arrest and unable to run 140 mile weeks anymore, it provides much needed entertainment...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes...but men's cycling shoes, booyah! Evil

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

I wear men's racing shoes. 

Right now i am wearing green socks and no shoes.  

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have on red and white socks...it's like belated Christmas in here! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Julia1971

The more you know.  (Rainbow w/star).

Feeling the growl again

I wear men's racing shoes. 

Pity it doesn't work in reverse....ask my 4-day-old son with two older sisters.  That pink receiving blanket HAD to go.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

an amazing likeness

There's a lot less work in Trollhattan these days...so they have more time for online stuff.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Bozophile.

#artbydmcbride

Pity it doesn't work in reverse....ask my 4-day-old son with two older sisters.  That pink receiving blanket HAD to go.

You got a New Year's baby??  Big grin  Mazel Tov!

Runners run

A Saucy Wench

Spaniel...sigh  I'm not thinking its your 4 day old son making that call

My 5 year old son LOVES his big sister's pink hand me down socks and he often chooses her old pink rainboots instead of his red ones (even though red is his FAVORITE color - pink is a close second).   And for Xmas santa brought her pink goggles and him green goggles and they took one look and swapped. 

And since red is his favorite color by far, snow white dress up shoes were a big hit for a long time.  And since he is a car freak, dont get me started on Barbie's pink convertible and the arguments over whether it is hers because it's Barbie or his because it is a car.

But we are hippies out here.  We have people in this town who name their kid something totally neutral and refer to it as "it" because they refuse to put a gender label on it.  Seriously the kid is 18 month old and if you havent changed "its" diaper you dont know.  I think you have to sign a secrecy agreement to be on diaper duty.  

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

I ignored that thread completely.

Until this thread made me look.

Feeling the growl again

Spaniel...sigh  I'm not thinking its your 4 day old son making that call

My 5 year old son LOVES his big sister's pink hand me down socks and he often chooses her old pink rainboots instead of his red ones (even though red is his FAVORITE color - pink is a close second).   And for Xmas santa brought her pink goggles and him green goggles and they took one look and swapped. 

And since red is his favorite color by far, snow white dress up shoes were a big hit for a long time.  And since he is a car freak, dont get me started on Barbie's pink convertible and the arguments over whether it is hers because it's Barbie or his because it is a car.

But we are hippies out here.  We have people in this town who name their kid something totally neutral and refer to it as "it" because they refuse to put a gender label on it.  Seriously the kid is 18 month old and if you havent changed "its" diaper you dont know.  I think you have to sign a secrecy agreement to be on diaper duty.  

Of course I wasn't referring to him making the call.  Just in general it's accepted that women can wear men's stuff but not vice versa (at least outside hippie-ville).  We all react to that norm...at least out here in the cogery midwest.  Wink    Back in the dating days if you walked in and your girlfriend was wearing your sweatshirt, it was cool.  If your girlfriend walked in and you were wearing her blouse, she was not going to be your girlfriend much longer.

Plus it gives a cue so people know what to call the baby, for awhile it's hard to tell the gender with a cursory look.  Of course for some reason a flotilla of pink accessories didn't stop a ton of people from calling my middle baby a boy, she didn't look especially masculine so we were a bit perplexed by that.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Real men wear pink.  Of course, some of us have big feet and small penises.  Notably, Hoppity.

Congrats, Spaniel!