Hit my FIRST 100 MILE + MONTH (thanks to theyapper66 and climbmda) October 2008 (Read 741 times)

De-slacking in progress

Due to their recent post I took a look at my miles for the month and saw that if I ran on my day off today, that I too could hit that "magical" (?) 100 mpM mark. Well, I ran my day off today and broke into the 100+ miles per month mark. I ran it at my 10K race pace. Actually, I do feel like I did accomplished a goal. Of course I didn't give that goal any thought until I joined ya' all here at RA back in April 2008. I'm so proud of me Big grin Wink Good job to all the others in theyapper66 post that made it also. Next milestone to hit- a 10 mile single run

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Another Passion

Well done! You should be proud, that is a great accomplishment! Build easily and slowly though, don't want to end up broken like moi.

Rick
      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Great job!!!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
        Thyroid Support Group

theyapper

On the road again...

Great job, slap! I had a feeling you'd get out there and hit the 100 mark.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sweet! You've made some fantastic progress! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

De-slacking in progress

Well done! You should be proud, that is a great accomplishment! Build easily and slowly though, don't want to end up broken like moi.
              I'm taking it easy. Looking at my log there is a huge jump in mileage however I'm in shape for it. I'm just making sure I get the base miles and not worrying about the time as much. I find that I am enjoying it more. My goal for November is 25 mpw but i know life is going to get in the way so I'll have to be vigilant to get my runs in this month. My only muscle/tendon issues are my piriformis but ever since I've learned how to do the proper stretches for them and do them after each run I've been injury free. But thats what what I get from running my hilly slanted rural country roads. Not much choice in that manner.

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14