Graston Technique Question (Read 143 times)

You can go right to the source if you wish: http://www.grastontechnique.com/Research_Reports.html

No I didn't read the links. I don't have the time, and I don't care enough about this.

You missed the point completely -- no study exist on its effectiveness; but studies exist showing the treatment is ineffective. No need to fund any robust study when the evidence already exists.  I'll save my money for proven techniques.

Except for the one flawed study in 1995 on 20 mice, no evidence exists to prove Graston is effective.  

If people want to spend money on an unproven technique which introduces micro-trauma (i.e. bruising) to already injured tissue, more power to them.  My last take:   Caveat Emptor ....

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Clearly, my pea-sized brain failed to comprehend that by this:

I'm very much against the Graston Technique.  No evidence exists for its effectiveness.

Except for two small studies involving mice (1995 - pro-Graston,  and 2009, con-Graston), no serious controlled studies have been performed. ZERO.

<snip>

You meant this:

You missed the point completely -- no study exist on its effectiveness; but studies exist showing the treatment is ineffective. No need to fund any robust study when the evidence already exists.  I'll save my money for proven techniques.

Except for the one flawed study in 1995 on 20 mice, no evidence exists to prove Graston is effective.  

<snip>

Thank you for pointing out my deficiency.

Liz

pace sera, sera

This thread suddenly became interesting, lol.