White Nike shorts? (Read 1057 times)

Anyone ever tried Nike's running shorts in white? I think they're cute but don't want to end up looking like I've entered a wet T-shirt contest when I start to sweat. The built I'm liner is a newton yellow color. Obviously black would be a much smarter choice, but I like the shorts.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

325th place or bust!

This thread will be useless without pictures.

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

vegefrog

I have a white running skirt and a pair of nike tempo shorts that are white with little red polka dots on them. Neither one has ever been a problem when racing...I mean, the liner is really the part that gets sweaty, not the outside part. I like them, they look GREAT with tan legs!! LOL!

Sorry, no pictures Wink

xor

All I have to say is that I like the term "newton yellow".  A few years ago, this wouldn't have made sense.  Now we all know what that means.

(not quite all I have to say, I guess: I'd stay away from white shorts with brightly colored liners on principle.)

Let me know if they don't ride up the legs.  Long run=chaffing=ooooowwwww.  

'No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch'

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"  - Peter Maher

"Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it's hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time. Also, there are those hours of clearheadedness that follow a long run."  -Monte Davis

I tried them today. The fact that they were white didn't seem to matter. I had no problems with sweat and them being see through. They did, however, ride up terribly. I've never had any Nike shorts that had this problem. I am returning them ASAP. I almost wonder if they cut them funny so they would be looser and that caused them to ride up. Weird.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning