Strange question I know... (Read 177 times)

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

I need to see some pipe and slipper ads......I’m determined not to grow old disgracefully.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

throwing cold water on the discussion at hand, I think I figured out why RW main page and links "jump"; reloading and starting at the top even though I've scrolled down. I run an ad blocker, and the ad banners pop up momentarily and then disappear and the page defaults to the top, over and over and over again. I haven't verified it by turning off ad block.

I guess I won't bother going to RW anymore.

Maybe this is the latest weapon in the war of website evolution, a more effective counter to ad blockers than the pop-up window that asks you to pretty please turn it off. I'm sure ad blocker apps will overcome THIS, and then there will be another evolution.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I have vague recollections that once upon a time Paypal was used or at least considered but its fee structure appeared exorbitant compared to what Eric finally selected. Perhaps some of the old timers can provide further details.

I actually did LOL! You know I would subscribe my $10 to Eric (who doesn't want me here anyway), but I'm not trusting the crappy form it takes me to on this site.

Eric, how about a bit of Paypal action here? 

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

kkittenkat

English Villian

I have vague recollections that once upon a time Paypal was used or at least considered but its fee structure appeared exorbitant compared to what Eric finally selected. Perhaps some of the old timers can provide further details.

Yes, I can imagine that would be the case, so not an option to smaller businesses. I can completely understand that.

kkittenkat

English Villian

throwing cold water on the discussion at hand, I think I figured out why RW main page and links "jump"; reloading and starting at the top even though I've scrolled down. I run an ad blocker, and the ad banners pop up momentarily and then disappear and the page defaults to the top, over and over and over again. I haven't verified it by turning off ad block.

I guess I won't bother going to RW anymore.

Maybe this is the latest weapon in the war of website evolution, a more effective counter to ad blockers than the pop-up window that asks you to pretty please turn it off. I'm sure ad blocker apps will overcome THIS, and then there will be another evolution.

I vote that avatar blocker could replace ad blocker, (see what I did there?) Smile