Doesn't show all courses (Read 615 times)

Dutchie42

When I add a new run entry the pop up menu won't show all the courses I've entered. I haven't done today's course in a long time. Typing in the first word gives me no list or a very short list (kind of hit and miss), but still not the course that I need for today. Typing the whole thing adds a new course to my course list, which I don't need nor want.

How do I get the whole course list to show so I can pick the course I need?

Dutchie
    Run the day, or the day runs you.

eric :)

Dutchie42,

The problem is caused by your course names.  The database only indexes words that are longer than 3 characters.  Since most of your courses contain words with 3 characters and less, they database did not find any courses matching what you typed.

I've been meaning to change this database behavior to at least allow 3 character words.  In the meantime, if you feel up to it, you can change the course names to be a little bit longer and it will work.

eric :-)

Dutchie42

Thanks for replying Eric. But I'm sorry, but I don't quite know what you mean (English is not my first language).

My course names are set up like RUN: 6K (xxx loop), or RUN: out&back 10K or RUN: random etc. So what do you mean by 3 characters or less?

Dutchie

Dutchie42,

When you're searching for courses, the keywords need to be 4 characters or longer.  For example, if you want courses containing "out&back", instead of typing "out", you should use "back" because it's longer than 3 characters.  Does this help?

Dutchie42

Thanks Eric, yes it does

Dutchie

running yogi

I have the same problem. My course names have longer than 3 characters.

RunZRun,

Sometimes it takes a couple of seconds to load the list from the server.  Wait a little and see if that helps.

running yogi

no, no luck Eric...

RunZRun,

You enabled course filtering to only show courses from the last 3 months.  I unchecked that option in your log and you should be able to see all your courses now.

eric :-)

running yogi

yipee ! thanks eric. i didn't even realize that option existed

running yogi

i was playing around with it a little bit. If you leave the month field blank it defaults it to 3. You have to type 0 for it to show all courses