Need help with music (Read 551 times)

Go Pre!

need some quick feedback on upbeat, uplifting tunes...not for running, but to keep people motivated during an all day work seminar. asap, gotta make some CDs soon. I figured everyone here could think of their favorite upbeat running songs for inspiration. THANKS!
    CherryDG

Hmmm.... What kind of crowd are you expecting at this seminar (age? profession? purpose of seminar? etc...)? I've got a couple of songs in mind, but wasn't sure if they'd be appropriate for what you were looking for.

Go Pre!

ages 20 - 50 but the bulk is mid 20's travel industry, motivational, and information annual conference. Smile
          hope this helps. This is the current list of running songs I have on my ipod right now: (fyi: i'm 27) You Shook Me All Night Long . AC/DC Rehab .Amy Whinehouse Boston Augustana Lifesong Casting Crowns (christian and VERY inspiring even if you're not) Praise You In This Storm Casting Crowns Feels Like Tonight Daughtry American Baby DMB Satellite DMB Ants Marching DMB Forgot About Dre Dr. Dre Tourniquet Evanescence 1234 Feist Paralyzer Finger Eleven----------THIS SONG ROCKS!!!!!!!! Overy My Head The Fray How To Save a Life The Fray Shinedown Godsmack (the whole Continuum album by John Mayer) (all of the albums by Joss Stone........she rocks!) Up to the Mountain Kelly Clarkson from Idol Gives Back Charity special First Time Lifehouse The Beautiful People Marilyn Manson Personal Jesus Marilyn Manson Paradise by the Dashboard Lights Meatloaf Sweet Sweet Baby Michelle Featherstone Closer NIN Ms. Jackson OutKast Mama, I'm Coming Home Ozzy Osbourne Stupid Girls Pink Who Knew Pink Little Wonders Rob Thomas Into the Night (feat Chad Kroeger) Santana Smooth (feat Rob Thomas) Santana Cumbersome Seven Mary Three Save Me Shinedown I Dare You Shinedown -----------this one is a HUGE motivator for me as well Everyday Superhero Smash Mouth-----------again one of my favorites Comfortably Numb (remake by Staind original by Pink Floyd Beautiful Day U2 Elevation U2 When I'm Gone 3 Doors Down Away From The Sun 3 Doors Down Kryptonite 3 Doors Down What's Up 4 Non Blondes I also have just about every song ever made by a group called +LIVE+ on my ipod. They're my favorite rock/alternative band.
          Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09
          Mishka-old log

How are you getting the tunes? I think you can pick all these up on iTunes: Foo Fighters - "Everlong" John Frusciante - "Second Walk" Franz Ferdinand - "Take Me Out"; "The Fallen" The Hives - "Hate to Say I Told You So" Outkast - "Hey Ya!" Kings of Leon - "Red Morning Light"; "California Waiting"

Lazy idiot

Foo Fighters - "Everlong"
              This might be one of my top 5 favorite songs of all time.

Tick tock

Go Pre!

good recommendations, thanks! Dave

thumbs up!

Thanks! Sick of my same old running tunes. Lots of new downloads now.
                  2010 Goals
                  1. get to and maintain 20 MPW
                  2. sub 50 min Crazy Legs 8k -- April 10 (so close! 50:13... next year)
                  3. sub 30 min 5k
                  4. improved time in Madison half marathon -- May 10

Go Pre!

This might be one of my top 5 favorite songs of all time.
                    yes, love this song, and all of the Fighters of Foo tracks. Listening to them now! Smile

Lazy idiot

Do you have the "Skin and Bones" acoustic live show? It's a good'n.

Tick tock

Go Pre!

love the acoustic stuff - they did some good stuff on Howard Stern one day as well!
                          Well for the older guys and girls, these would bring back memories, plus the kids today, like most of them. Eye of the tiger - Survivor Born to be wild - Steppenwolf We are the champions - Queen Impossible dream ( The Quest) - from the Shadow of the Colossus My Way- Elvis, or Sinatra Rock and Roll part 2 Gary Glitter last concert or Chicago You can hear them all on You Tube

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Dave

"The Reason" from Hoobastank. Gotta smile with that one.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com