1 mile race listings (Read 114 times)

PS- I always thought once could post on CL etc....local running store, an open calling for a track 1 mile race....unofficial.....

say 9am local track, 1 mile, 1500m..... etc... and maybe could get  a good little crowd.

We used to have an unofficial midnight mile on full moon nights in Summer on Hayward Field. This took place after drinking for a couple hours, of course.

Word of mouth only!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Here's one for you! ASICS Blue Jean Mile

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

Here's one for you! ASICS Blue Jean Mile

lol, they don't specify what are offically considered jeans, women have an advantage with all the options of jeggins (I hate myself for typing that).

I'd do a mile in jeans before I even considered an Eggnog MIle

zebano

lol, they don't specify what are offically considered jeans, women have an advantage with all the options of jeggins (I hate myself for typing that).

I'd do a mile in jeans before I even considered an Eggnog MIle

Eggnog?? Ugg. I did a chocolate milk mile once and once was more than enough. I hit that chocolate milk pint after the first quarter and immediately slowed to a jog just to avoid hurling and I've done multiple beer miles in my day. Dairy + hard running does not mix.

Regarding the blue jeans mile ... do they have to be full jeans? I'd run in jorts.

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)

I saw that jeans mile on my FB news feed, and one of the comments was “that’s a missed opportunity if the main sponsor isn’t BodyGlide.”

I was once in a yoga class with a guy wearing jeans, which is possibly even dumber. Although he seemed to be pretty flexible and experienced, and could still get way deeper into the poses than I could wearing normal gear.

Dave

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

I saw one in Newark, DE called the Main Street Mile.  Looks like it runs right down Main Street leading to its terribly original name.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

I did a chocolate milk mile once and once was more than enough. I hit that chocolate milk pint after the first quarter and immediately slowed to a jog just to avoid hurling and I've done multiple beer miles in my day. Dairy + hard running does not mix.

World record: 5:49! In case you haven’t seen all the beer mile variations....https://www.beermile.com/variations

Dave

mjhaston

Saw this old post and if you're near the Philly area, this seems to be a pretty popular 1 mile run.  I know some guys who come in from Lancaster County, 2 hours away, for this each year.  It's slightly downhill a good bit of the way.

https://runsignup.com/Race/PA/Yardley/MemorialMainStreetMile

--------

PR's: 1 mile - 5:59.4 (2023) | 5K - 20:59 (2023) | 5M - 35:42 (2023) | 10K - 45:12 (2024) | 10M - 1:18:33 (2024) | HM - 1:40:04 (2024)

Up-coming Races:  Bookin for Lookin 5K (4/21/24), Yes You Can 5K (4/28/24).