Garmin - no sound? (Read 540 times)

Bike99

Do I look important?

Hey, couldn't figure this one so I'm hoping that one of you techies out there has dealt with this. I have the 305, I have the sound set to on. I usually like the sound when I click over each K, and its especially great during intervals. Lately it doesnt work, I checked it and it still says its set up. Occasionally, one of the buttons will make a beep.. should I be calling in the warranty police? Or the dumb police for not figuring it out...?

Nobody cares what you didn't do.

hup

Mine did the same thing. I had to send it back. They either refurbished mine or sent me a different refurbished unit, I couldn't tell. It was very easy, and total turnaround time was about 10 days. BTW, calling Garmin, rather than emailing, is the way to go. They have excellent customer service. hup
        I have seen lots of posts in various forums regarding this, and usually it is due to sweat or suncreen getting past the seals inside the speaker holes, which are on the backside of the thing. Garmin will probably replace it for you. On your new one, put some little patches of scotch tape over the holes. It has worked for me so far, and it doesn't mute the already feeble beep of the 305.
        Bike99

Do I look important?

thanks. yet another thing breaking down. I'll have to contact garmin. Ive only had it 3 months, nice design garmin!

Nobody cares what you didn't do.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I have seen lots of posts in various forums regarding this, and usually it is due to sweat or suncreen getting past the seals inside the speaker holes, which are on the backside of the thing. Garmin will probably replace it for you. On your new one, put some little patches of scotch tape over the holes. It has worked for me so far, and it doesn't mute the already feeble beep of the 305.
            Exact same thing happened to me last summer. I sent it back to Garmin and got it replaced. I put scotch tape over the sound holes on my new one to prevent any more susnscreen / sweat from getting in there. The device is waterproof, but I feel better having the tape there b/c it's not sunscreen-proof. Haven't had any issues with the replacement.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.