Running Two Marathons Back to Back, Update should I do it? (Read 1269 times)

Bugs

4 easy miles, avg pace 9:30, last mile 9:05. Nice and Easy, no pain. I booked a hotel for Des Moines. 8 Ball

Bugs

you KNOW you are doing it. Just sign up for the race.
        Hey - I live close to Des Moines!! I've only run the 5K race at the marathon event, but it is a nicely organized event... Smile Can't wait to hear about it! Modified for poor grammar.
        -Monica

Slow and steady wins the race means a lot of fast people pass you.

Another Passion

4 easy miles, avg pace 9:30, last mile 9:05. Nice and Easy, no pain. I booked a hotel for Des Moines. 8 Ball
          Cool. I personally think you will do great and be fine. You're a determined and smart runner, Bugs, you'll do just fine. Wink

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

evanflein

Srlopez is usually right on target with his assessments... Bugs, like I told you earlier, I think you can do it and do well. If you can get the buy-in from the DH, I think you should do it. Just wish I could get down there to run it with you... One of these days, gf! BTW, I like the 3 weeks between best. When I did my 6-in-6-months, I found the longer breaks to be sort of a "no man's land" for training. Although my best time in that stretch was Seattle as #4 which I believe was 6 weeks after Bellingham. So it seems (for me at least) that I can do the closer marathons and enjoy them, but my times are better if I have a little more time between. Quantity vs. Quality?

Bugs

Hey - I live close to Des Moines!! I've only run the 5K race at the marathon event, but it is a nicely organized event... Smile Can't wait to hear about it!
              Will you be there? I was surprised to get a hotel. Erika, it's all about location this time. I would rather wait 3 weeks too, but son really should have his B-day party that weekend (of 25th) else it's a mess with a Halloween. Plus then I'd have to fly, and I don't know of any marathons that weekend at this time that are a good fit, and this sort-of gets a local one off the to-do list. It is time to go south of the border. OK GUYS! Here's the decesion. It's not cheaper to register now, so I my as well wait till next week. As long and any body part doesn't start screaming this is a go. There are hills miles 3-8 and I missed the fun pacer last time. So I'm running with the four group through mile 8 at least. New goals for this one. 1. Don't get injured. 2. Have fun. 3. Try not to chaff my @ss this time, looks like I have a hickie on my butt. Blush 4. Be an M&M. Wow, never thought this would be a goal of mine. 5. Try for a PR will be a in course decesion. Murphy, & rvelich - Thanks. Hope you have lots of glue incase my body falls apart after this stunt. I'm might have a friend to come with and do the half. Smile

Bugs

Glad to see you're going for it. Take it easy and I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck. MM#946

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn