MCM 10k (Read 552 times)

sincerely silly

Registration opened today!  I just registered!  My meager goal of doing this 10k just got more real!

/dance

(I'm imagining golf claps from all of you HM/marathon/+ people. =P)

shin splints are my nemesis

This is a really great fast course. Finish and stay to cheer on the runners.

sincerely silly

This is a really great fast course. Finish and stay to cheer on the runners.

Will do!  I've actually been to the finish to cheer on my friends the past two years since I live nearby and I guess I finally caught the bug to wanna run the thing myself. :-) 

I just looked at your profile and I love the idea of working up to a longer distance to go to "destination" races.  Makes the rest of the vacation seem productive and worth it if you include a HM I guess.  Hmmmm....

sincerely silly

I cccan't wait until this 10k!  I've never planned ahead so long for a race.  I don't feel as prepared for it as I'd like to be but I don't know if I'd ever be happy with the prep as long as there's someone faster. =P 

Gonna be walking a bit, but that's all part of the plan for now.  I walk once or twice during my 5ks too...total mental block about running for more than X number of minutes at a time.  (X has increased over time, but not too quickly...) 

I also just met my goal fundraising for it, so I officially feel ready to go. :-)

Anyone else doing just the 10k?