2019 in 2019 Running Game *Team signups end 12/22 at 11:59 PM EST* (Read 226 times)

Princess Cancer Pants

Yayyyy!!! I'm in! Big grin

'18 Goals:

• Recover from 2017

• Surgery in March

• Continue showing Cancer that it's not welcome back. Ever.

• Rebuild to racing and big running & biking miles in 2019

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

stealth.rnr

Yayyyy!!! I'm in! Big grin

We can't start this party without zoom-zoom!

nevermind......

Princess Cancer Pants

We can't start this party without zoom-zoom!

That's what I say! Big grin

'18 Goals:

• Recover from 2017

• Surgery in March

• Continue showing Cancer that it's not welcome back. Ever.

• Rebuild to racing and big running & biking miles in 2019

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The Dementor

Changed my mind, I'm in.  Let the celebrating begin.

Run Fastah 2018

Changed my mind, I'm in.  Let the celebrating begin.

Excellent! You know you are going to run anyway.

"Don't feel like running today...suck it up and run ...you're an athlete." (John Stanton, founder & owner of The Running Room)

Three half marathons later, I got a number. Half Fanatic #9292. :)

is there a signup fee?

stealth.rnr

is there a signup fee?

Only the time it takes to get miles logged each week. Smile

nevermind......

Half Crazy K 2.0

I thought the sign up fees were used for the very generous prize money 

Fredford66

Running Musician

Pardon my ignorance, but how does this all work?

5k 24:47 (1/18); 4M 32:37 (2/18); 5M 41:36 (11/18); 10k 53:36 (5/18)
                    10M 1:30:20 (11/18); Half 1:59:57 (9/18); Full 4:47:04 (4/17)

Upcoming race(s): Hangover 5k, Westfield, NJ, 1/1/19; Fred Lebow Half, Central Park, NY, 1/20/19
                    stealth.rnr

Pardon my ignorance, but how does this all work?

The short version: If you're running and logging the miles on RA, you might as well join a year long game and be on a team with a bunch of runners who want to win the championship and a bunch of cool prizes at the end of next year. Ok, no cool prizes. But you get to meet new runners.

If you join a team, there are rules dealing with posting your miles and communication with the team captain.

The long version is ^^. Also the link to the sign-up page.

nevermind......

Run Fastah 2018

One week into sign-ups and we have over 100 runners committed to run in 2019!

If you haven't signed up yet, what are you waiting for? Smile

"Don't feel like running today...suck it up and run ...you're an athlete." (John Stanton, founder & owner of The Running Room)

Lush Extraordinaire

After several years of injury, I am running consistently (and pain free) again. I am in.

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

Hi, I'm thinking I might join. I'm pretty consistent, and I log my miles an RA anyways, so why not? Is this pretty much all there is to it? I just run and my miles count for a team? And answering PMs on RA?

When in doubt, just run

Run Fastah 2018

Hi, I'm thinking I might join. I'm pretty consistent, and I log my miles an RA anyways, so why not? Is this pretty much all there is to it? I just run and my miles count for a team? And answering PMs on RA?

There aren't a ton of PMs unless you disappear and aren't logging your miles. Wink Each team has their own sub-forum which is set up after teams are made. You can chat with your team there and support each other. There's also the 2019 forum which the link above will take you to and you can chat there and read about how the game goes. Smile

Fredford66

Running Musician

For the purposes of the game, when does the week start?  Monday?

5k 24:47 (1/18); 4M 32:37 (2/18); 5M 41:36 (11/18); 10k 53:36 (5/18)
                                10M 1:30:20 (11/18); Half 1:59:57 (9/18); Full 4:47:04 (4/17)

Upcoming race(s): Hangover 5k, Westfield, NJ, 1/1/19; Fred Lebow Half, Central Park, NY, 1/20/19