Women's Winter Running Tights for single digit (or negative!) temps (Read 182 times)

Joann Y

Charity Thighs!  That reminds me of a dancer I once knew...

"knew"

Yes, I knew her.  And she did ballet.  What is the big deal, ladies?

Oh.

That doesn't seem very ladylike.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

keeponrunning

I think that the coldest temperature that I've ever run in was 10F but I'm 5'10'' so I understand the troubles of finding long tights.  I buy from Athleta (when they have a sale).  The quality is good enough for me and they have Tall sizes.  Check our their PolarTec Tight.

The Sugoi tights that I have are definitely warm but super short.  I don't reach for them on the coldest days.

I find Sugoi tights too short for me (I'm 5' 8").  I'll second the PolarTec ones-- very soft and warm!  They do me down to about 10F, then I toss another layer on top (usually just normal yoga pants).

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Keekee

I wear under armor, but when it is really cold, I have a pair of athleta winter pants i wear with a baselayer.  For gloves I recentky bought silk liners on Amazon which I wear under gloves. When it us really cold, I break out my ski mittens with a built-in liner and use hand warmers. Good luck!!

Keekee

I wear under armor, but when it is really cold, I have a pair of athleta winter pants i wear with a baselayer.  For gloves I recently bought silk liners on Amazon which I wear under gloves. When it us really cold, I break out my ski mittens with a built-in liner and use hand warmers. Good luck!!