Skirts and the uninformed. (Read 1336 times)

Well. The weather today was perfect for a running skirt today (actually, it's technically a tennis skirt, but it's adorable and it works). Anyhow. I got a lot of weird looks, like who does that girl think she is, running in a SKIRT? I'll tell you who. Someone who ran EIGHT miles tonight in 1:09:36, someone who has run two marathons and three half marathons. Now, those people giving me the RUDE looks ... I doubt they even run. Yes Honestly. Get with the times!! Real women runners wear SKIRTS!
    2009: BQ?
      Go figure people!! I wore my skirt the other day on the Little Lehigh Trail, and as dh and I are running dh whispers "hey honey look that guy is checking you out" lmao. Totally agree about the people who give you rude looks. Definetly not runners!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I get whistles, honks, and blasts on air horns (I about castrated that asshat sitting on his boat in a marina)! I think maybe I'd prefer rude looks. The noise often makes me jump when I'm zen'd out. Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I get honks, and blasts on air horns (I about castrated that asshat sitting on his boat in a marina)! I think maybe I'd prefer rude looks. The noise often makes me jump when I'm zen'd out. Tongue k
          Don't you just want to pull the drivers out and smack them when they do that? I know I sure do!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Don't you just want to pull the drivers out and smack them when they do that? I know I sure do!
            Yes. Or pepper spray them. That would be fun, too. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

I still can't do it. I can't wear my running skirt outside. I ALMOST did today but since it was raining when I ran I totally convinced myself it wasn't the right time.

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Pics or it didn't happen. Evil grin

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

You'll ruin your knees!

I see more and more skirts at ultra events...and ultra distance runners really know how to seek out comfort! Anyway, came across this...http://completerunning.com/archives/2007/04/11/get-your-skirt-on/ and this looked really interesting...Convert to a Skirt!...http://www.skirtsports.com/

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That article is great--I also see that RRS now carries almost a dozen different skirts/skorts, as does Title 9 sports! I currently own FIVE different skirts/skorts. Thus far my favorites are my two NB ones (Andare and Bonita). I like their compression short. I don't plan to wear shorts anymore. I like not having the bunched-up fabric of loose shorts chafing my inner-thighs. The biggest problem many of us have found with the SkirtSports skirts is that their sizing is ALL over the place. I think Cheryl has 2 of the same model in the same size that don't even fit the same. The skirt I have is a size small, as are all of my other skirts, but it fits like an extra-small, so I won't be able to wear it until I lose at least 10#s (which is some incentive, which isn't all bad). The SkirtSports ones are also pretty $$. I'm not convinced the quality is any better than my $40 skirts, either. k

~ Sarah Kay

I have three running skirts ... one is from runningskirts.com (I think), love it, navy blue and white one is a Nike tennis skirt, white w a little green, love it one is a Nike running skirt, gives me wedgies .. don't love it. Zoomie, I'm going to check out the NB skirts (my birthday is coming up, hint hint to the husby!)
                        2009: BQ?
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I really like the NB ones. The liner shorts do kind of ride-up (I think because of my shape I will have this issue with all of the liner shorts), but they don't bother me. I wore my Andare one for a 10 mile race last Fall and had no chafing issues, even though the liner short ends up fitting like a boyshort. I still use bodyglide on my chubby inner thigh area, but I had to do that with regular shorts too. Only, unlike regular shorts, I don't have the fabric chafing issues. k

~ Sarah Kay

I will never wear a running skirt running lol
                              I think ya'll get all the looks because it is unusual for people who arent avid runners to see people running in skirts. I never heard of it until I first got on here back in January. I still havent actually seen anyone running in them. If I did im sure I would look twice. I told my girlfriend the other day about them and she had never heard of a running skirt. Maybe I should buy her one? But then she'd have to start running, lol.

http://www.freewebs.com/run4life/RA/springChallenge.htm

Finished!

I ran my first race ever in a skirt. And I wear one to Physical Therapy - way better than shorts that ride & bunch up! a fair number of women were wearing em. Pics you say? Sure Wink look here
                                Walk + Jog = wog.
                                I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                                I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry