Blood moon (Read 155 times)

Pretty cool watching the moon eclipse this morning. Though at it's peak around 5:55 the fog rolled in pretty heavy and made it tougher to see. Be cool to check out the pictures that show up later today from those with more ideal viewing spots.

ETA. This was my favorite picture from Facebook.

Get off my porch

C-R

Kids and I watched from 6:25 - 6:40 with telescope. Simply wonderful to see.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Did you catch the selenelion? (eclipsed moon and sun in the sky at the same time).  I wasn't far enough east, apparently.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Prince of Fatness

Still cloudy when I arrived at the office today.  Would have liked to have seen it.  Alas.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

It must have been close.  We're practically the same longitude and while I didn't see it, the blood moon was still decently high when I pulled out of the drive and the sun couldn't have been far from up.  Dang commute got in the way.

We took the kids out several times to see it.  Great opportunity to explain what an eclipse is to my oldest (7).  This was easier to make sense of for her since the sun and moon were visually 180 degrees apart with the earth in the middle.

Did you catch the selenelion? (eclipsed moon and sun in the sky at the same time).  I wasn't far enough east, apparently.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

joescott

Blessed to be a pre-dawn runner today.   I kept staring at that moon as long as I could throughout my 10-miler today.  Beautiful.  Very cool.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Best Present Ever

yep. 

Blessed to be a pre-dawn runner today.   I kept staring at that moon as long as I could throughout my 10-miler today.  Beautiful.  Very cool.

jfa

Clear while driving to the bus this morning. Very cool to see. Especially since I didn't know one was coming.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yes, it was beautiful, and I wasn't even expecting it.  Got to see it emerging from the eclipse in the later stages of my run.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Too cloudy here to see it.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

saw it over the course of my run. I had no idea it was scheduled but was really cool to watch.

keeponrunning

Too cloudy here to see it (southern Ontario)

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Text my son. he and the Gson went outside to see it.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/