Provide sub-types under "Race" (Read 545 times)

Douglas Hegley

Similar to tracking equipment - I'd like to see sub-categories for races. For example, in my 33 year long pencil & paper log, I track races by Track, Road, XC, Trail, Road Relay, Time Trial, etc. PRs are possible within each category. This could solve some of the other suggestions/complaints I've seen in the Forum about Personal Records.

I'd like this too, or to be able to specify which categories should display under Personal Records.

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

Maybe even add steeple and hurdle race designations if possible

In Soviet Russia, Burger eats you!

I would appreciate something like this as well.  Smile

'No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch'

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"  - Peter Maher

"Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it's hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time. Also, there are those hours of clearheadedness that follow a long run."  -Monte Davis

Race is already a subtype of activity.  I don't want to add another level of complexity since such a change will affect many other areas of the code.  I have an idea of how to improve the PR page.  I will make the changes when I get the chance.

A Dance with Monkeys

A Dance with Monkeys