Sorting by VO2 max (Read 82 times)

Joann Y

This is really dumb and not a priority but sometimes I'd like to sort by VO2 max when I am looking at the list format for workouts. You can sort by course, run type, etc. But sometimes I'd like to see how a particular workout compares to other hard workouts using VO2 max as some kind of indicator. Again, not a priority, but maybe an easy thing to do?

jpdeaux

Not dumb at all. But after looking, I suspect that maybe the VO2 number is a calculated value and maybe a bit harder to sort on. But if anyone can do it, Eric can. Smile

In a similar vein, I recently discovered a couple of cool things about the log. (It's probably been this way for ages, but I just didn't notice it.) Namely, if you rearrange your columns, then look at others' logs, it shows you your rearranged column setup, not theirs. Add to this the other feature I just discovered, that the notes can be added as a column, and you have a very convenient way to read others' notes without having to click into each workout. A quick and easy way to "catch up" on your log stalking.

Joann Y

Didn't think about the calculated value thing. Yeah, not a big deal. I only try to sort by VO2 max a few times a year and then realize I can't.

And ooh, didn't know that about the columns and advanced log stalking features. Very nice to know! Thanks for the tips Wink

npaden

Joann,

Not exactly what you are looking for but you can graph your VO2 max by activity type.

This is interesting to me.  You could always just isolate one activity type to see it clearer.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

DaBurger

I like using VO2 max to try and evaluate the relative strength of my PRs.

Know thyself.

Joann Y

I like using VO2 max to try and evaluate the relative strength of my PRs.

Same.

Joann Y

Joann,

Not exactly what you are looking for but you can graph your VO2 max by activity type.

This is interesting to me.  You could always just isolate one activity type to see it clearer.

Ha! That's fun. I can't see your graph for whatever reason but tried it out. Probably a better visual representation of what I was looking for than what I was originally asking.

Joann Y

Proving yet again how slow I am, it just occurred to me, in the same vein as your graph, I could run a report of tempo runs or long runs and see what I want to see as far as VO2 max in that way.

npaden

Here's a link to my graph.  Maybe that will work.

http://www.runningahead.com/logs/17b912e64ad246e9bbe4a270366a97f6/reports/graph?e10=10&e12=43&x=12&y=203&t=3

I think you got the idea though.  You could run one of these just for races, just for tempo runs, intervals, etc. to get an idea.

If I ran one that went back 3 or 4 years my current tempo runs are at a higher vo2 max than my races were back then.

You can for sure see the anomalies like my August 1st race with the lowest vo2 max of any workout I've ever completed.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)