Yow! First Race (5k) down! (Read 951 times)

Finished!

Well, as you can see by my spiffy new avatar, I completed my first race Big grin I'm working on a proper race report (I'm supposed to blog it complete with photos of me all decked out in pink) Race results were *finally* updated to the site! Personal Goal: sub 35:00 Gun time: 35:19 Chip Time: 34:18 Pace: 11:03!!! Looks like they spit out placement based on guntime... out of a field of 638, I placed ~292 In my age group in a field of 88 contenders, I placed 48th according to gun time, but was 45th according to chip time Wink
    Walk + Jog = wog.
    I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
    I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
      WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO WTG!!! Congrats on getting your first race under your belt!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, good work, girlfriend! That's a really awesome performance for a first race. Now, on to that HM! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My dogs are fast, not me

Wow!! Great job. Robin

Robin

Now that was a bath...

Well done! Running all in pink - now there's a thought. I thought that they would use chip time! Surely chip time is more accurate, or am I wrong! I'm really nervous about my first race as it seems to me that i will find it harder pacing myself with other's around me. How did you find the experience? Claire xxx
          • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
          • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Finished!

Well done! Running all in pink - now there's a thought. I thought that they would use chip time! Surely chip time is more accurate, or am I wrong! I'm really nervous about my first race as it seems to me that i will find it harder pacing myself with other's around me. How did you find the experience?
              Yeah, about that pink - it was a fundraising gimmick - I never wear pink. Ever. So I sent a note to everyone I knew saying I'd wear pink for my first ever race (from head to toe) if I hit my fundraising goal....and if the strech goal was reached, I'd wear a tiara too - needless to say, I have lots of er...."helpful" friends Wink I was surprised the placement on the race results page was done by guntime as well - I was too lazy to figure out my real placement (tho I suppose it's easily enough done if I export the thing to excel) but I never expected to hit the front of the pack - nor to be at the end either as it was a run/walk... I'll have plenty to say about the whole ordeal in my race report nce I get it all out of my head Big grin
              Walk + Jog = wog.

You'll ruin your knees!

Way to go, Pinky! Clowning around Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Wahoo! Big grin Looking forward to reading your race report.
                    I'm working on a proper race report (I'm supposed to blog it complete with photos of me all decked out in pink)
                    Congrats on your first race! Well done! Speaking of pink--at Boston this year there was a guy wearing all pink. Pink tutu, pink shoes, pink running shirt, a tiara, and a pink wand. And, he beat me (to the finish line, not with his wand).
                    My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48

Finished!

Congrats on your first race! Well done! Speaking of pink--at Boston this year there was a guy wearing all pink. Pink tutu, pink shoes, pink running shirt, a tiara, and a pink wand. And, he beat me (to the finish line, not with his wand).
                      Smile thanks! Goodness - all pink with a tutu and wand? I'll have to keep that to myself lest I get sucked into doing something like that again for fundraising LOL
                      Walk + Jog = wog.
                      Jeffrey

Yes congrats on your race! Very cool. My 3-year old daughter would LOVE all the pink in your outfit! Smile Pron8r - This is funny and reminds me of a 5k I ran at Halloween. There was a guy running who was dressed as a mariachi player; complete with functional guitar. He nearly beat me. Furthermore -- I barely beat a guy dressed as a dinosaur -- he had a full-on oversized plushy costume and was carrying his tail the whole race. I thought if I don't run faster than a t-rex holding his tail I am going home sobbing! Big grin
                        Speaking of pink--at Boston this year there was a guy wearing all pink. Pink tutu, pink shoes, pink running shirt, a tiara, and a pink wand. And, he beat me (to the finish line, not with his wand).
                        bas

You rock, 2043! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East