Issues with User Posts Disappearing and Marking them as Spam (Read 111 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, Eric:

We have an issue with one of our admins and forumite (Fredford66) since yesterday at around noon. All threads on the Beginners & Beyond, 2023 in 2023 Team's forum (The Gogos), and others have disappeared. Every thread where Fred has commented or started have disappeared from most of the groups. When Fred tries to post something in the forums, it gives him a message like this:

Forum Abuse

Your posts seem to resemble spam. They are hidden until forum moderators can review them. You will not be allowed to post until after the review. Please contact us for additional assistance.

The problem appears random but for example, all threads where Fred posted a comment or started in the Frequent Racer group since 2018 are gone. Most of the Beginners & Beyond threads are also gone on and off.  Although threads/topics in User Groups are gone, the topics are up in the forums but he is blocked from posting completely.

We are not sure why the system marked him as spam and whether it deleted all the threads or just hid them until you take a look. I think Fred sent you a PM but not sure if you are able to see it. He might not be able to post a comment here but if he wants me to add something, I'll add it here.

Thanks!

Damaris

ViBe71

I just should add that I've known Fredford for years and he's one of the nicest people, and most definitely not a spammer! Please look into restoring his posting privileges and such.
      Thank you in advance.

Vitaly

Frequent Racer Group

PRs: 400m- 1:04.94 (2015) / 1M - 5:13 (2022 & 2023) / 5K -18:23 (2017) / 5M - 31:14 (2022) / 10K - 39:29 (2018) / 10M -1:05:11 (2023) / HM - 1:27:34 (2023) / FM -3:15:08 (2023)

Coming up:   Harmony Hustle 5K (4/27/24), Broad Street 10M (5/5/24), YMCA 5k (5/11/24)

Marky_Mark_17

I just should add that I've known Fredford for years and he's one of the nicest people, and most definitely not a spammer! Please look into restoring his posting privileges and such.
        Thank you in advance.

Vitaly

+1

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr, 1:15:48

Up next: Runway5, 4 May

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

an amazing likeness

Without going into details, there is automated spam detection logic in the site for posts. From what is being described here, Fred's account has triggered that and his account is being treated as a bot spammer. He should send an email to support.at.runningahead.dot.com and ask if his account has been tagged as a bot/spammer.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Is it just coincidence that this has seemed to happen around the same time that two spam messages were posted on the Waltons thread directly after a post from Fred?

Bring back Fred!

50+ age-group PBs:  Half Perish 1:24:24 (June '23 Road Race) - 10km 37:52 (2022 Local Road Champs) - Track 5km 18:49 (Aug '22) - Perish Run 3:17:42

2024 Goals: Boston Perish Run Sub 3:15 - Road/Track 10km Sub 37:30 - 5km Sub 18:20

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Further to Milktruck's post, this was escalated to Eric over the weekend as it was hitting the 2023 Game.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Alexander R

Further to Milktruck's post, this was escalated to Eric over the weekend as it was hitting the 2023 Game.

Thank you for escalating. My posts in the Masters Running Forum have disappeared and that appears to be completely random, There was no communication and no reason. Those are simple training week summary posts, we've had them for many years and other runners in the forum reply and comment there. It was nice to be able to go back in time and re-read about your training and other people's training. But now it was apparently deleted. I do see some of the threads surviving, going back to March 2022, but nothing since then.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thank you for escalating. My posts in the Masters Running Forum have disappeared and that appears to be completely random, There was no communication and no reason. Those are simple training week summary posts, we've had them for many years and other runners in the forum reply and comment there. It was nice to be able to go back in time and re-read about your training and other people's training. But now it was apparently deleted. I do see some of the threads surviving, going back to March 2022, but nothing since then.

Do any of those threads of yours that disappeared show under "My Topics" at the top of the page?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

EthelBrunson

spam
                    DinaTuck

spam
                      eric :)

HI Damaris,

I have removed Fredford66's abuse flag so his posts should be visible again. Please let me know if he's still experiencing problems.

eric Smile

eric :)

I have also facing the same issue.

Your account is new, and this is your second post, so there is no abuse, yet.

ViBe71

HI Damaris,

I have removed Fredford66's abuse flag so his posts should be visible again. Please let me know if he's still experiencing problems.

eric Smile

Hi Eric,

All threads/posts in Frequent Racer group starting from 2019 to April 2023 are still missing…

Thank you.

Vitaly

Frequent Racer Group

PRs: 400m- 1:04.94 (2015) / 1M - 5:13 (2022 & 2023) / 5K -18:23 (2017) / 5M - 31:14 (2022) / 10K - 39:29 (2018) / 10M -1:05:11 (2023) / HM - 1:27:34 (2023) / FM -3:15:08 (2023)

Coming up:   Harmony Hustle 5K (4/27/24), Broad Street 10M (5/5/24), YMCA 5k (5/11/24)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Fred sent a message this morning that his access has been completely cut off. I know Eric removed the spam flag from his account but for some reason the system thinks he got in more trouble or something.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

HI Damaris,

eric Smile

Thank you! Fred sent a message this morning that his access has been completely cut off since you did. No idea if the system thinks he is a thread or something.

ETA: He just got his group access back; forums is still pending.

Damaris