More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

joescott

Maybe squeaked another one in today.  7 miles with 5 F at the start but the temps were starting to climb with the south wind.

NO!  I think I gain weight when it's bitterly cold.  I think I must eat more for the comfort!  Wish very much I had your "problem"!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Yesterday I did a pretty uneventful 8 miles in 2 degrees.  It was pretty windy (gusts up to 28 MPH) but I didn't die or anything.  Unfortunately when I woke up this AM I realized I had frost bitten my nose.  Nothing major but damn you winter!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yesterday I did a pretty uneventful 8 miles in 2 degrees.  It was pretty windy (gusts up to 28 MPH) but I didn't die or anything.  Unfortunately when I woke up this AM I realized I had frost bitten my nose.  Nothing major but damn you winter!

Symptoms?  Peeling skin or something?

bpangie

Got another. Just a bit 8.8 in 6 degrees. Also got some quality comments not fit for public forums from some poor sucker walking down the street. Made me feel good. Haha.

Symptoms?  Peeling skin or something?

Tip of nose is all red and hurts to the touch but it's too early for the peeling to begin.   Not really a deep burn or anything, probably only a couple of layers of skin and no permanent damage once it peels off.

Mpls Laker

Northstar Running

All 520 finishers of the Securian Half Marathon in Saint Paul, MN. 5 degrees and falling at the start. The wind was pretty stout as well. The winner came in at 1:14:08.

http://results.chronotrack.com/event/results/event/event-6243?lc=en

One of the regulars from this site won the 50-59 age division as well in 1:23:19. I won't name names, but he can raise his hand if he'd like. Nice job.

mapfe

I hereby join the More Miles Than Degrees Club!

Set out to do 9 miles at 6 degrees. Watch froze from the cold and wasn't sure how far I was, so I turned around. Ended up being 7.5 miles finishing at 5 degrees.

2014 Goals

Don't die

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I didn't realize this was a thing.  We just call it winter 'round here.

Running is dumb.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Ten miles, ending temp 6 degrees.  Plus four inches of fresh snow on the trail.  Slow time, but judging by how my legs felt when I got done, it was a good workout.

Leah, mother of dogs

Yes Mandy, it's a thing! 

I guess I did it yesterday - 16 miles, ending temp 14. Would not have been too bad if it wasn't windy, but of course 20-25mph wind & blowing snow the whole time.

Dave

joescott

Ha ha, Mandy, I'm sure you are right!  Up where you live it ain't nothin!

13 > 8 today.

BTW, I think we ought to occasionally keep this thread alive in the spring with race reports.  I would be interested to see how our club members fare when it's time to race.  I've started thanking God for the bitter cold days with the sub-zero windchill, reasoning that my competitors stayed in bed. 

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

TripleBock

I am in the top 5 wussy runners in Wisconsin - So I call it Treadmill Season.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

Joey Hynes

(Hoey Jynes)

-2 degrees right now... ran 6 miles (but i was on a treadmill)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Ha ha, Mandy, I'm sure you are right!  Up where you live it ain't nothin!

13 > 8 today.

BTW, I think we ought to occasionally keep this thread alive in the spring with race reports.  I would be interested to see how our club members fare when it's time to race.  I've started thanking God for the bitter cold days with the sub-zero windchill, reasoning that my competitors stayed in bed

I tell myself this as well.  It should work as long as you or your ilk are not my competitor! Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My 6.5 @ 3F puts me in but sounds paltry when thinking about our Minnesota friends who have a projected high of -8F today.