Why the Kenyans are so fast (Read 693 times)

xhristopher

Did you know an ostrich's eyes are bigger than their brains?

GC100k

not at all. However without being condescending, such advice isn't new to me. However publishing a study is what you think is as easy as buying milk at 7-11.

However, the experts have deemed creating a better running technique is impossible to do. So why do you think they would publish my work?????

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22779699

What you miss is that they're called peer review publications.

However I can explain the women of Kenya and they can't. Therefore they're not my peers.

That's too bad.  It's extremely rare for all the top peer-reviewed journals in a field to totally reject sound work even if the conclusions are completely contrary to conventional thought.  You must be really brilliant and radical.  So you must just be publishing in open submission journals, self publishing, publishing in non-reviewed conference proceedings, publishing in less selective journals, or publishing in one of the thousands of other ways to get around a particular cabal of experts and publish your work.

Not dead. Yet.

For me, that was my motivation for creating a running technique founded in being able to walk with absolutely no arm swing.

In fact my best so far was walking at 8.5MPH with no arm swing at all.

Did you study Raquel Welch for technique?

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

sport jester

Biomimeticist

That's too bad.  It's extremely rare for all the top peer-reviewed journals in a field to totally reject sound work even if the conclusions are completely contrary to conventional thought.  You must be really brilliant and radical.  So you must just be publishing in open submission journals, self publishing, publishing in non-reviewed conference proceedings, publishing in less selective journals, or publishing in one of the thousands of other ways to get around a particular cabal of experts and publish your work.

And where are you published in the subject of training? I'm already published by the NSCA.

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

I'm already published by the NASCAR.

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Did you study Raquel Welch for technique?

No, but why do you think they call it a "catwalk" anyway?????

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

GC100k

I'm already published by the NSCA.

Congrats!  Yesterday no one would publish you and today you get published.  They finally saw the light.  way to go.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

You can also find my writing here:

http://articles.elitefts.com/author/sport-jester/

The difference being that since I'm self taught, I'm denied any formal academic recognition with "peer" journals.

Ostrich runner

That option was ruined one vehicle accident ago. At the time I was training for a spot on the US Olympic Rowing team since I was acknowledged to be a world record level on an indoor machine. However, being hit 40ft through the air (which doctors told me was impossible to survive) by a flying pick up truck destroyed my shoulder. Any running quickly becomes painful for me.

Otherwise I would have stayed with rowing instead.

I got into studying running biomechanics during my rehabilitation because of the shoulder and neck pain and went from there.

Wow, who acknowledged you? Also, I wasn't talking about running, I was talking about walking. Just enter a race and walk.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

sport jester

Biomimeticist

During my training on the Concept II rowing machine, my power output was beyond what their equipment could measure.

I don't race walk. Race walking is a described technique which has to be followed. I don't follow it.

GC100k

Holy crap!  Sport Jester is a real person.

I'm new to the Sport Jester experience and assumed it was a sock puppet playing a game with us.  But he is a real person.  Who knew?

I half apologize.  I thought it was all a put-on and I was just playing along.  The style is so over-the-top crazy that I doubted there was any substance to it.

So, you go SJ.

During my training on the Concept II rowing machine, my power output was beyond what their equipment could measure.

I don't race walk. Race walking is a described technique which has to be followed. I don't follow it.

Beef is saying that you should enter a local 5k and walk.  There are no rules for that.  Just walk 8.5 mph (or is it 9 mph) and we'll take a look at the results.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Beef is saying that you should enter a local 5k and walk.  There are no rules for that.  Just walk 8.5 mph (or is it 9 mph) and we'll take a look at the results.

READ the above post. Walking or running at that speed is painful to keep up for any length of time.

Prince of Fatness

READ the above post. Walking or running at that speed is painful to keep up for any length of time.

Maybe it is your technique.

Not at it at all. 

xhristopher

I don't see the problem. Running at 5k pace is quickly painful too. Join the club.