Wanna know what's cool? (Read 781 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

When an 11 mile "long" run feels easy (aside from a cranky right knee that I am babying). That's what peaking at a 16 mile long run before my recent 25k has done. It's made an 11 miler feel like a mid-length easy run. I assume after completing a marathon that that 25k will feel like no biggie, too. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

PWL

Has been

When an 11 mile "long" run feels easy (aside from a cranky right knee that I am babying). That's what peaking at a 16 mile long run before my recent 25k has done. It's made an 11 miler feel like a mid-length easy run. I assume after completing a marathon that that 25k will feel like no biggie, too. Smile
      Cool sh*t isn't it Kirsten? I remember when I was peaking for my marathon last year, anything under 9-10 miles felt like I was being lazy. That was a while ago, I'm afraid... Black eye

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You'll get back there...you have bigger fish to fry right now. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

That's great, Kirsten! I'm scheduled for my first 11-miler on Wednesday, but it won't be quite that easy for me yet! Before long, hopefully!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's great, Kirsten! I'm scheduled for my first 11-miler on Wednesday, but it won't be quite that easy for me yet! Before long, hopefully!
            Look how far you've come in a relatively short time! I have no doubt that it won't be long before you look back and think "damn, 11 is an easy run, now!" Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Purdey

Self anointed title

Kirsten you are amazing. You have come such a very long way - it must make you feel great to have achieved so much. Well done girl. Cool

Kirsten, I feel the same way. I am running a half mary on June 1st. Last weekend I completed my last long run (15 miles) before the race. This weekend I will do 10 miles for my long run and I am thinking of it as an easy 10 miler. I never thought I would get to this level. After my half, I am thinking about going right into training for a full. There's a full in October that I would like to run. We'll see Big grin Gwin
                2007 Races: 5K: 25 minutes, 10 seconds 10K: 50 minutes, 31 seconds 2008 Races: Half Marathon: 1:55:45 (ZOOMA, Annapolis, MD) 10-Mile Race: 1:25:24 (Piney Point, MD) 2009 Races: Marathon: 4:44:22 (Piney Point, MD)
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There's a full in October that I would like to run. We'll see Big grin Gwin
                  Oct. '08 is a great time to run one's first full...just sayin'... Wink

~ Sarah Kay

Hoping to Run Again :-(

That IS very cool - Good for you Kirsten!
                    ~ Fly ~
                    Only as much as I dream can I be.
                    veggies on the run

Swadvad

Good job Zoomy! You guys continue to inspire me!