Got another one hooked (Read 834 times)

Lynx

2 Months ago I started logging one easy run a week with a coleague at work...

Today she showed me her first (ever) proper running shoes...

I'm mostly proud of her... but I'm mentally patting myself on the shoulder as well.

yay for both of you Smile

Slice

I think knowing that you motivated someone else to get active is one of the best feelings you can have! Great job!

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

I think knowing that you motivated someone else to get active is one of the best feelings you can have! Great job!

Yep, it's crazy.  I inspired my wife and sister to start running after they watched me work my butt off training for my first marathon and then finishing.  They have since run several races including a HM.  My dad has even got into the mix.  We all ran a small local 5K a few weeks ago and we all age group placed.  And last week my dad, sis, and wife all ran their first trail race.  My dad age group placed in that too.  What's funny is I was the one sitting at home watching the kids.  It use to be me running in all the races.

Lynx

My dad age group placed in that too.  What's funny is I was the one sitting at home watching the kids.  It use to be me running in all the races.

Ha that is funny.

The scary thing is that if this girl decides to be serious, she'll  kick my behind in about a month....