Shamrock Marathon Virginia Beach (Read 528 times)

Runner

Who's running this race this next weekend? It'll be my first marathon and I can't wait to put all this training to use!

2010 Races: Snicker's Marathon(2:58:38), Scenic City Trail Marathon(3:26:36), Laurel Highlands Ultra 77(19:13:44), Ironman Louisville(13:07:07) 2011 Races: Mount Cheaha 50k 5:22:47, Tobacco Road Marathon, Mohican 100 Miler

I'm doing the half this year. I ran my first full at this race last year. The setup for the half seems to be a little crappy. For the marathon I was able to park within about a half mile of the start. There doesn't appear to be parking within a mile of the half marathon start. My wife and child are not looking forward to walking over a mile to the start at 6 in the morning. Does anybody have advice on where to park or if there will be shuttles available? I was planning on parking at the 25th street city lot and walking up to 42nd street. At least that way the car will be fairly close to the finish line.

~Gordo~

I'm running the half as well. My parking plan is drive down Saturday night (with my wife following me in the other car) and park in the garage. Then have her drive me to the drop off spot on race day. There is no shuttle service that I'm aware of. I wish you all PR's on Sunday! ~Gordo
        !If you don't...you won't! ~Remember the light at the end of tunnel maybe you~ ~If you choose not to decided, you still have made a choice~