2013 Holiday Running Streak (Read 698 times)

Recovery double today, a pair of 4s. In the evening run, I broke my mileage total from my previous streak.

Current Streak

34 days (288.1 mi)

11/27/2013 - Today
    1 mo 4 d
    8.5 mi / day

Longest Streak

39 days (286.6 mi)

11/24/2011 - 1/1/2012
    1 mo 9 d
    7.3 mi / day

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

5.5 miles on day 34. 16 degrees, went out after 9:30. Clear night. Folks have started to take down their holiday lights. Christmas is over. Thank God.

Bringing up the rear here. I set a goal of 50 for this streak, which was a huge stretch for me. With two days to go I can hit 75. Holy cow...this streaking makes it possible to do more than you ever thought possible. Thanks for the opportunity to try something new, exceed my expectations, and grow as a runner. I'm amazed at everyone's accomplishments. Loved taking a peak into your running worlds and am honored to be a part of this community. It's been a blast. Looking forward to half a day of work tommorow with the promise of a beautiful afternoon run. Will be a great way to tie a bow on 2013.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Bringing up the rear here. I set a goal of 50 for this streak, which was a huge stretch for me. With two days to go I can hit 75. Holy cow...this streaking makes it possible to do more than you ever thought possible. ...

Congratulations!

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

A dark and cold closeout to 2013 with an easy 6 this morning. Got to test out my new headlamp. Freaky with my breath creating a white cloud of steam in the light.

Happy new year, RA.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
            PADRunner

4.5 this morning and a 5k trail run tomorrow to finish out the streak.

4.2 miles. Kind of planned to do a little more, but it was 8 degrees out this AM & I unwisely did not exercise the third sock option. When tingling commenced getting back indoors seemed prudent. Bye bye 2013.

Between the holidays and my knee locking up last week I have dismally failed at both the streak (19 days) and December mileage (65.3 of the 82 mile goal).  But still, it was fun while it lasted.  I'm thinking I might like to try again before next year - maybe Valentines to St. Patrick's Day?

mikeymike

Wrapped up the year with Tuesday hills. Nice to do it in the daylight but next week it's back to reality.

So I finished December with 283.8 miles. I knew with 3 races in 2 weekends in the middle of the month plus travel to the west coast and back for one of those races (and thus no long runs those 2 weekends) there was no chance of getting to the 301 that x-man assigned me. But it was a really good month of training and racing and I'm feeling as fit as I ever have at this time of the year as I start to focus my energy on Boston.

Happy New Year everyone.

Runners run

What the heck is going on here?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

DaBurger

everyone is STREAKING!!! well, except for me, I fell off the wagon late...

Know thyself.

Ojo

Didn't hit the 225, but I managed to finish with 200 for the month.  I am really happy that I had the last week to start pushing myself a little -- without a race, it was actually my highest weekly mileage with 72+ miles.

I really hope everyone enjoyed their streak.  If anyone cares to continue, you can always join us in the Mile a Day forum! 

Sara

MM #2929

xhristopher

Just lots of running. Nothing exciting like arguing over ostriches or terminology.

mikeymike

WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEANS???

Runners run

The perfect finish of my running year: finished 2nd in the local fun 5k (there were only 8 or so women, hehe), managed to run fastest ever (very slow for the most of you, but I'm so happy!) - 24:42. The girl who beat me is 25 years younger and is training athletics, she beat me last year too.

Happy New Year everyone! Looking forward to next year's first run - tomorrow of course! I'm planning to keep the streak alive for some time.