P90x (Read 6266 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I would suggest you google each individual ingredient to get the answer you are looking for.

I know what all the ingredients are.  The question is: why do they matter?  And: do they really make me healthier or a better runner or a better athlete when taken in a shake?  And: does taking them in a shake convey any advantage over eating them as real food, or not getting them at all when drinking a latte?  And: is there any science to support your answers?

This thread reminds of this, it's played atleast 2-3 times a day in my house.

Going on a Berry hunt

Gonna pick some juicy ones

We're not scared

It's a beautiful day.

Intentionally Blank

Anywaaay...I'm on Day 4.  I am enjoying it. I am maybe not pushing myself as hard as I should, but I am still running and unwilling to give that up.  DH is having his ass handed to him with this program.  Trent, if you run into him, ask him to pick up something from the ground for you and you can watch his whole face spasm.  Ha!
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

In any event, Happy New Year to all.  Nice little discussion to start the new year off.

Happy new year to you as well Big grin

It is however more than a simple little discussion.  You are here hocking a product that has no science behind it yet that makes health claims, that costs money, and that could potentially be dangerous.  This is a message board dedicated to running, fitness and general goofiness, not to third-party sales.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Trent, if you run into him, ask him to pick up something from the ground for you and you can watch his whole face spasm.  Ha!

He's probably too busy to run into me Wink

xor

Hawking.  Hawking a product.

Hocking a product is something altogether different.  Although having tasted shakeology before, perhaps accurate.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Right about now, I'm feeling pretty darn good about my daily skim milk latte with no sugar or added flavors.

A Saucy Wench

This thread reminds of this, it's played atleast 2-3 times a day in my house.

Going on a Berry hunt

Gonna pick some juicy ones

We're not scared

It's a beautiful day.

This song made a lot more sense the first version my dd sang which was :

Going on a Bear hunt

Going on a Bear hunt

I'm not scared...

etc.

I cant figure out why you WOULD be scared of a berry hunt

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

Because blackberry bushes hurt like a mofo.

Intentionally Blank

There's a book by Helen Oxenbury called Going on a Bear Hunt.  With the same lines you quoted.

Happy new year to you as well Big grin

It is however more than a simple little discussion.  You are here hocking a product that has no science behind it yet that makes health claims, that costs money, and that could potentially be dangerous.  This is a message board dedicated to running, fitness and general goofiness, not to third-party sales.

I'm not hocking anything.  The discussion was what supplements I take and I merely pointed what I use. We were discussing the P90X nutrition plan and P90X in general, which I have done and still do.  So Trent, if I ask you what supplements you take and you tell me I would hardly call it 3rd party sales. 

By the way have you done P90X?  Are you a scientologist? LOL (just kidding)

There's a book by Helen Oxenbury called Going on a Bear Hunt.  With the same lines you quoted.

Probably where they got the lyrics for that Dora song.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Why do you think I take supplements.  I eat food. 
                            Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

The question is: why do they matter?  And: do they really make me healthier or a better runner or a better athlete when taken in a shake?  And: does taking them in a shake convey any advantage over eating them as real food, 

+1

A varied diet should not lack any of the vital nutrients to good health. Athlete and non-athlete. Might as well just flush your cash down the toilet as to take these products

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete