Question for the Mizuno lovers (or likers) (Read 1374 times)

See Bubba Run

I ran in Nike Triacs and Asics before trying the Mizuno Alchemy. With the others, I was trading knee pain for shin pain from one leg to the other. I've not had any issues since I switched. You are right, I get fewer miles, and I keep looking at the sexier shoes. But I go right home to mama and buy the Alchemy's every time. It's just not worth trying something else.
    2008 Georgian ING Marathon 4:00 2008 Disney Marathon 4:22 2008 Joker's Wild 1/2 Marathon 1:47
      Mizunos are an awesome shoe. I run neutral, so the Rider is my choice, as I am a little too lightweight for the Creation. However, the Rider is NOT my choice for anything over 5 miles. I benefit more from the NB 1062 and the Asics Gel-Nimbus, which I rotate back and forth. It seems these have more cushioning and a little more arch support than the riders. I have ran my fastest races in the Riders. But like you, beyond 5 miles, I start having some knee/IT band issues. Just my .02 Smile
      "I never said it was going to be easy. I only said it would be worth it."

Treadmill Addict

I have the Wave Rider 12's and love them. (New) My previous shoe was the Creation 9, which was great, but the Wave Rider feels a little larger in the toe box, and a little cushier. I ran my long run yesterday in them, and felt great afterwards. I think I'll be a Mizuno fan for a long time.

Sarah (37)

Mom to Abby (10) Jacob, (8) and Colton (5)

18 half marathons, 6 full marathons

Goals- run more, lose 20lbs.

I have been wearing the Rider 11's and like them, but have a feeling I am due for a new pair and I don't even have 200 miles on them yet! I could get over 300 out of my Nimbus 8's before feeling any bit of discomfort. I tried the 12's on yesterday and really hated them! Was it just me?! The heel felt really big, really built up, and like I was going to slip out of them...maybe I should give them another shot. Confused
            OK, my first pair were Creation 7s and my current pair are Creation 9s love 'em- I'd like to try the Rider 11s (I'm a little lighter than last year and now I"m indoors mostly until March) but I've been seeing some bad reviews, shall I just try the Rider 12s? Any thoughts?

Recalculating...

I`ve worn out about 4 pairs of the 11`s, and can`t say anything bad about them. To tell you the truth, I can`t really tell any difference in the Riders from as far back as the Wave Rider IV. A few of the models have had a little roomier toe box, or maybe a little higher heel, but that`s about it. The Rider is just a great shoe. As stated earlier, my only gripe is that this last pair I purchased was a bout $10 higher than the previous ones. I guess it was about the time of $170/ barrel oil price back in the summer, so that shouldn`t surprise me. That and the fact that for long runs, they simply don`t work for me. I think that you will like them more than the Creation. Don`t get me wrong, the Creation is also a very good shoe, but I found that that I was not heavy enough to get the full benefit of the cushioning system, which is quite different from that of the Rider. Good luck! Big grin
              "I never said it was going to be easy. I only said it would be worth it."