"Default" workout type screwed up (Read 40 times)

dfmurphy

baldmanrunning

When I started using RA, my typical run workout type was "default." After using RA for almost two years, I was playing around in the settings and changed the text description from "default" to "run." I thought it would make the calendar view look a little cleaner (saying "Run 6.2" instead of "Default 6.2").

Anyway, after making the change, it seems like a new workout type was created with the name "default" because I've been getting "Default" entries again. I'm now afraid to tweak it in case I accidentally screw up the database.

Is there any easy, non-destructive way to revert all of my workouts where activity=run & workout type=run back to run/default  ... or is there to update all of my run/default entries to run/run and ensure that future runs do not appear as run/default? I don't particularly care one way or the other, but I'd like them all to be the same as my current setup is now cumbersome to when creating reports. I'd like to get back to where all events of the same type are officially the same type in the database (i.e., run/default or run/run).

I hope I've made sense ... I can include screen caps if that would help.

Thanks!

runmichigan

You can adjust the Activity and Workout settings.

1.  Go to upper right and click on Options button or click on your user name and select Options from dropdown menu.

2.  Click on Manage My Activities button.  Default display of activities is Bike, Run, Swim, Weights with New Activity in second row.  If you have selected an activity as the more common one, you will see Default after the activity.

3.  Click on the Activity name to open the dialog to edit the Workouts.  For Run the default display of Workouts is:

Column 1 - Easy, Long, Fartlek

Column 2 - Hill, Tempo, Default

Column 3 - Interval, Race, New Workout

4. Click on the Workout name to open the dialog to edit the Workout. The Workout name is what appears in the Calendar.  If you change the name, everything that has the previous Workout name will now display the edited Workout name once you have saved your changes.

5. Click on Save in the Workout editing dialog.

6.  Click on Save in the Workouts editing dialog.

I believe generic labels are used behind the scenes (Workout1, Workout2, etc), so it is a good idea to stay with the default values and add new ones if you need them.