Eric - Unable to change activity privacy and e-mail verification... (Read 54 times)

RunningDenver

Eric - please help Smile

I'm in the 2019 for 2019 challenge, but am not able to change my activity privacy settings

options / log preferences / 'Allow everyone to see my running log'

It seems to go in when I hit save, but then when I come back - it's still set to private.

I also have to verify my e-mail pretty much every post I make (I'm sure I'm going to have to posting this...)

Looks like something is messed up with my profile.  Any tips ?

thanks

______________________________________________________________________________

17:50 ('11) 37:23 ('16) 1.23:02 ('13) 2:53:22 ('13) 

2019: Leadville 50, Leadville 100, CIM

eric :)

Hi RunningDenver,

I am not able to reproduce the problem with the log preferences. Which browser are you using? Were you on a computer or a mobile device?

In regards to the email verification, did you receive an email to confirm your email address?

eric Smile

RunningDenver

I'd been using safari, but am trying this post with chrome.  I'm on a mac, but have opera, firefox, chrome and safari available.  Is one better than others ?

Yes - I had 'verified' my e-mail multiple times through the e-mail that I got sent.  Yesterday I posted 4 or 5 times, and had to verify it most times.  This post is partly a test to see if it does it again (I'll add another post if it does want to verify).  In my profile - it doesn't say the e-mail needs to be verified currently.  This wasn't an issue last year for me.  It's only happened the last few days.

Is there a trick to getting my runs from my training log to show in the 2019 in 2019 competition ?   I've  made sure I've saved the workouts - and they show in my weekly stats when I check myself.  But it still shows 'N/A' in the team page.

Appreciate the help.  I'll sign up for an ad-free membership once we get this fixed.  Looks like I'll be a more regular poster because of that 'competition'...  Smile

cheers

RunningDenver

and yes indeed - despite it now showing my e-mail needed to be verified in my profile, posting just now - required me to verify again by e-mail, before the post above was accepted.  This one will go in I think, because it seems to 'remember' for a short period of time.

RunningDenver

^ it did - no verification required for the last one.  I bet if I come back this afternoon though, it'll want me to confirm again.

RunningDenver

Sorry - one more thing I've noticed.

Whatever I change in my profile - doesn't appear to 'stick'.

I've set it to make my profile public, and very briefly it appears to be (my name in the 2019 in 2019 becomes a hyperlink and drills back to m y profile).

I've set my activities to be seen by everyone.

But then 10 mins later if I check - the profile isn't available to the public again, and my preference for activities is set to private.  It's almost like my profile is read only or something ?  Wondering if this is why nothing show in the 2019 competition ?