Covid 19 (Read 473 times)

Trent

Goodnight Monkey

Right? As long as you survive, no harm no foul! Like those kids on the vent with RSV, as long as they survive its all good and we don't have to worry. That's why I aint afraid and won't wear my mask in Walgreens. By the way, did I tell you about the gun I carry to Walgreens to protect myself?

statistics show if you get COVID 19 you have a really good chance of surviving it even without the vaccine. 

Running Problem

Problem Child

Right? As long as you survive, no harm no foul! Like those kids on the vent with RSV, as long as they survive its all good and we don't have to worry. That's why I aint afraid and won't wear my mask in Walgreens. By the way, did I tell you about the gun I carry to Walgreens to protect myself?

Modesto, Rockford, Belmont Cragin, Malden, Milwaukee. Plenty of people are shot at or around Walgreens so you do what you feel is necessary to protect yourself. Remember, the gun isn't to protect others. It isn't a mask. I'm unsure if I should care or let you go about you way and assume you can legally own a firearm as well as carry it into Walgreens. No President called RSV a pandemic and there isn't a vaccine for this respiratory virus killing innocent people. President's have addressed illegal firearms and COVID 19 killing innocent people. I think some states have passed laws about firearms and private businesses and shooting people and self defense. How many RSV laws have been passed? Pretty sure we have a few COVID 19 laws passed across the United States in the past 12 months. Maybe your Governor should mandate all citizens carry a firearm and if not they must show proficient use of a firearm weekly in order to not carry a firearm with them daily because someone said an armed society is a safe society.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

5k19:35 | Marathon 2:59:10

Trent

Goodnight Monkey

See my friend, that’s where you’re wrong. A good guy with a gun protects people from the bad guy with a gun.

JESUS, THE BEST SMALL GROUP LEADER EVER // PART 2 | Daniel Yang

55-59 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Running Problem

Problem Child

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm glad this dumpster has been relit.

Part of combating global warming, amiright?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Elite Jogger

Stay slim folks and look after your immune system. 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Funny. Last year my doctor chided me for not eating enough fruits and vegetables.

2021 Races:

10/07/21 - One Day at the Fair 12-Hour (Thursday)

11/20/21 - Crooked Road 24

Trent

Goodnight Monkey

There is strong empiric evidence from the peer-reviewed literature that assertions of "I have a strong immune system" on the internet correlate perfectly with both strong immune systems that are not overstrong causing autoimmune disease AND protection from COVID, cancer, and all other infectious baddies.

Elite Jogger

Cafe syrups = delicious!

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Running Problem

Problem Child

There is strong empiric evidence from the peer-reviewed literature that assertions of "I have a strong immune system" on the internet correlate perfectly with both strong immune systems that are not overstrong causing autoimmune disease AND protection from COVID, cancer, and all other infectious baddies.

There is strong evidence from the CDC the test method most commonly used for testing COVID 19 samples shows false positives for those with influenza. 

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html

somehow all this testing has shown there is a problem with the test method used. So maybe people testing positive for COVID 19 just have the flu.

VDOT 51

Trent

Goodnight Monkey

I mean sure, if you wanna shift subjects and all. 

but this ain’t flu season and so there is almost no circulating flu to cause covid tests to be falsely positive. So 🤷🏻‍♂️

If we're talking meta instead of CV19:

When people are emotionally committed to their denial, they will grasp at all kinds of straws and do all kinds of proselytizing just to keep themselves convinced. They aren't convincing anyone else, and just end up looking foolish or unstable. This applies to many situations, not just health and politics.

Social media makes some people think their opinion is equivalent to experts in the field, simply because they both have equal access to post. Before this universal access to the public, you had to write books and articles, have those approved by peers and publishers, and then distribute them. Now, you can say/read all the woo-woo you want with just a few clicks. It's its own infectious disease.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'A recent quote by the most known Italian contemporary writer, Umberto Eco, captured significant attention on the web: "Socia "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass ofwine, wine, without harming the community. Then they were quickly silenced, but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."'

55-59 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Elite Jogger

We need Usain Bolt, Eliud Kipchoge and a proper running shoe expert to start posting on this forum. 

DavePNW

Social media makes some people think their opinion is equivalent to experts in the field, simply because they both have equal access to post. Before this universal access to the public, you had to write books and articles, have those approved by peers and publishers, and then distribute them. Now, you can say/read all the woo-woo you want with just a few clicks. It's its own infectious disease.

Of course the issue is that no matter how crazy your views on a subject are, if you cast a wide enough net there are plenty of like-minded folks out there. Social media allows you to connect with them and make a movement out of it, or at least what looks like one. Facebook has this fun commercial they’re airing during the Olympics showing a bunch of skateboarders sharing tips and experiences, creating a community. I’m waiting for the SNL version featuring flat-earthers and white supremacists.

Dave