Long List of Shoes! (Read 669 times)

I have been researching shoes on the net. I have found many shoes in my price range (>65$) that may be good for my high archs. Since I hae never really bought running shoes before I need some advice. If you can compare two on the list that would be great. I would just like to hear about your experiences. Of course once I narrow the list a little I will go try some on and see. Saucony grid ignition grid cohesion nx grid c2 roadster grid triumph 3 progrid trigon 5 ride Asics gel maverick 2 gel strike gel kanabarra 3 gel cumulus gel equation New Balance w881 w755 w754 w664 Adidas spectrum bounce + microbounce + spectrum fila providence II or III nike air refresh + Mizuno wave rider 10 ok so if you have any of these or have heard about them please help me.
    Goals: Run.
      Asics gel cumulus ok so if you have any of these or have heard about them please help me.
      These are my favorite. They are awesome! I've owned three pairs so far. Right now I'm using Gel Stratus (I've bought in the past as well), which I don't like as much but they were cheaper and I was in a hurry and the place I went didn't have the Cumulus in my size. However, I have no idea if they are good for high arches.

Michelle

Here's my advice: Go to a shoe store (I'd advocate a running shoe specialty store) and TRY SOME ON. Tell them how much you run, what your running plans are. Take a couple pairs of your old shoes so they can judge your stride/wear pattern. What Joe or Jane Doe may say fits out of that selection may not work at all for you. And if you are new to running: I wish you luck. You'll find lots of good info on this site. Watch for that dog, too.

Here's my advice: Go to a shoe store (I'd advocate a running shoe specialty store) and TRY SOME ON. Tell them how much you run, what your running plans are. Take a couple pairs of your old shoes so they can judge your stride/wear pattern. What Joe or Jane Doe may say fits out of that selection may not work at all for you. And if you are new to running: I wish you luck. You'll find lots of good info on this site. Watch for that dog, too.
          That basically sums up what you need to do.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Good advice by all......but I remember you to say the nearest running store is 500km....which in the US is just a little over 300 miles........so although good advice, it may a little tough for you to apply...... I cant compare because I havent used any of the shoes stated.........but I can only tell you that I'm a New Balance kind of guy (doesnt mean they are better then the others, just means I like NB) NB are a little heavier then some other brands, but most of the weight is in padding and I like as much padding as I can get..... I personally dont think you can go wrong with NB.......but pleny of others may say the same about other brands... You also may want to check out he NB 1223 - they will cost a little more, but I got some a few weeks ago and really like them.........

Champions are made when no one is watching

Good advice by all......but I remember you to say the nearest running store is 500km....which in the US is just a little over 300 miles........so although good advice, it may a little tough for you to apply......
              If that's the case, then there are a couple of options available. First, find out if there are any large races near you with an expo. If so, then you can at least try the shoes on there and may even get some good advice (although that can be hit or miss.) Second, find a dealer that is willing to take shoes back no questions asked, because it may take a few tries before you find the right shoes. I recommend giving the guys at Vitruvian Running Shoes a call and asking for their advice; if you are lucky, you'll be able to be fitted with some of their shoes. They have a great return policy and excellent customer service. Their number is 603-344-8221. I haven't dealt with the customer service for any other shoe companies so I can't recommend one online retailer over another outside of Vitruvian.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)