Garmin's MTA (Ant Agent) is crap (Read 2525 times)

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I generally agree. But then, please explain this 1000-foot pit I seem to have run into and out of. Coincidentally (or not), this is right where UBC's particle accelerator is. Hmm.

It is fine to me - the pit goes away when RA corrects the data.

• Black Canyon 100k
    • RRR
    • Zane Grey 100k
    • High Lonesome 100
    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
    • The Bear 100
    • Javelina Jundred (?)
    bhearn

It is fine to me - the pit goes away when RA corrects the data.

Uh, what??

I hope the whiz kid who came up with those headphones is flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog s*!@ out of Hong Kong!

How does that pay?  I'm kicking around a career change...

an amazing likeness

Uh, what??

Check this to replace the GPS's device-calculated elevation with an elevation that is looked up from a geocode database.

When I click on the "resample elevation" in your log entry's map (last icon to right on map toolbar), it gets rid of your gulch of doom and uses the reference elevation.

mta:  This even works in Canada.  They have elevation up there, it's just in imperial units.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

bhearn

Ah - got it. Thanks!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I generally agree. But then, please explain this 1000-foot pit I seem to have run into and out of. Coincidentally (or not), this is right where UBC's particle accelerator is. Hmm.

Now I see why you're tired and confused.

Sucked down and spit out by a particle beam mid run, that'd do anyone in.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

MrH

Attach your Garmin to a proton doing laps of the accelerator and you'd make those folks who wear their Garmin on a plane really look like slackers.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

bhearn

Attach your Garmin to a proton doing laps of the accelerator and you'd make those folks who wear their Garmin on a plane really look like slackers.

Yeah, but too bad the Garmin only samples every 10 sec. or so.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

... and you'd make those folks who wear their Garmin on a plane really look like slackers.

You've actually seen this?

• Black Canyon 100k
                    • RRR
                    • Zane Grey 100k
                    • High Lonesome 100
                    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                    • The Bear 100
                    • Javelina Jundred (?)
                    runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Fing Ant Agent will not unpload my damn workouts. Transfer keeps failing. I'm sick as hell of the Garmin Ant Agent bullshit.

Yesterday I tried to update my wifes FR60's firmware. The update went to the Ant Agent, then I had to pair it about a half a dozen times to get it to load it onto her watch. It transferred 100% and said 0 remained, but stalled there for half an hour until I closed the Ant Agent. Now today, I couldn't upload any data from my watch because it kept prompting that it had a new version of firmware to upload to the FR60, although it had already been done.

I had to go in and remove the Ant Agent and then upload the new version to get it to work. It is still slow but  it does work now.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That's really too bad, because it was such a good idea otherwise.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

MrH

You've actually seen this?

On this message board.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

MrH

Dude. Time dilation. Roll eyes

The process is the goal.

bhearn

Dude. Time dilation. Roll eyes

Oh, nice idea, but it works the wrong way.
                              mikeymike

I don't know what you guys are complaining about, my Garmin 205 works great the 10 or 15 times a year that I use it.  I mean it's kind of quirky and Garmin in general makes really "interesting" software, but hey it's a $160 running watch that communicates with satellites orbiting Earth.  Anytime you deal with outer space things get a bit dicey.  Did everything go perfectly on Apollo 13?  No, but they pissed in their space suits, used a notebook binder and some duct tape, and a little good old American ingenuity and everybody made it home in one piece.

When you mix a low tech activity like running with a high tech enterprise like outer space you gotta take the good with the bad.

Runners run