Anti-chafing products? (Read 3223 times)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

But, wait...are you pervy? I need to find out if that would keep the sickos away... Hmmm...but those might attract some uber geeks and I do NOT need help in that dept. (just ask Eryn how geeky my DH is... Wink ). k
    No, I'm not "pervy". Ironically, if you might only scare away the normal folks, while attracting more freaks with that get-up.
    Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Oh yeah, she would scare the creepy neighbors away, but would have to beat her geeky hubby off!! Wink Funny enough though, those outfits remind me of something I own. Now, before you throw me in to the perv category, let me explain!! I am a team roper. For you city slickers: two riders, two horses, one horned steer...one rider catches the horns, the other the back legs. I am a header, meaning I catch the horns. Once you have roped the horns, you wrap your rope around the saddle horn & turn your horse left. This causes the rope to come down pretty tight on your right thigh, since it is attached to a large, rather ticked off bovine! This, in turn, can cause some beautiful bruising that can range anywhere from your right knee to your right hip. I bruise easy, so I wear what is called a "ropers chap". It is a thick piece of leather that straps around your leg, then hooks to your belt. If you don't remove it immediately after riding...well, you look like a toned down version of those pics!! Big grin We cowgirls sure are sexy, aren't we??
      That was really interesting! Thanks for sharing it with us! So you're REALLY out in the boonies some place. That's cool for a city slicker like me :-)
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, I had to really look for it, but I found it. My model said that they were just way too big for him but he thought they were kind of interesting anyway... Wink So I've uploaded the best shot into my profile picture... I have more I can email you if you're still interested.
        OMG...I am DYING over here!!! Where's the laughing my fat butt off smilie when I need it?! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't notice it on the clothes. I'm sure its on there, just not noticeable. It's probably because I wear technical clothes, and polyester/lycra/microfiber have that waxy feel to begin with.
          Cool...I'll bet it just doesn't stick to that kind of material, which is all I wear running, too. BTW, what's in that stick? k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No, I'm not "pervy". Ironically, if you might only scare away the normal folks, while attracting more freaks with that get-up.
            Yeah, that's what I'd be afraid of. And while those samples Janell posted might help prevent chub-rub in one area, I have a sneaky suspicion that they would cause chafing pretty much every place else! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

I can't respond to any more of this without saying something that would embarrass me, so I'm just going to stop right here... Blush

Roads were made for journeys...

eric :)

Well, I had to really look for it, but I found it. My model said that they were just way too big for him but he thought they were kind of interesting anyway... Wink I'm having trouble figuring out how to insert a picture from home here... Eric, help? So I've uploaded the best shot into my profile picture... I have more I can email you if you're still interested.
                We're all dying to see those pics! If you have them on the internet some place, then you can link them in using the image link when you are posting. If you don't have a site to put them on, you can email them to me, and I'll put them up for you :-)
                Wingz

Professional Noob

I uploaded my favorite one to my profile. It took about 20 mintues to load (reeeeaaaaaalllly slow connection last night) so I'm not too anxious to put another one out there...

Wingz

Professional Noob

Wait a sec... is he implying that he's normal??? Tongue

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wait a sec... is he implying that he's normal??? Tongue
                      What IS "normal," anyhow...?

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

I think that's for us "ladies" to determine... Wink

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

vicentefrijole

WOW! You guys have some fun in the "Gears & Wears" section! Shocked I think ALL runners must experience chafing to some degree... I no longer wear cotton on any run for that very reason. After a few miles on a humid day, that stuff is like sandpaper. But for skin on skin chafing, I use either Bodyglide or just good old fashioned Vasoline Petroleum Jelly. Blush Bodyglide is very expensive but works a lot better.. it is 'less' greasy (though still a little greasy/waxy) and stays on a lot longer, especially in high heat and for long runs. However, if you smear on enough Vasoline (where is the greased pig emoticon?) that will generally do the trick too. I think they both probably get on your clothes a bit, but I seldom make social-calls in my sweaty running clothes anyways. hehe. Big grin On the topic of leather armor (never thought I'd be writing that), I recall seeing an old man who ran in a full set of bamboo armor (in Madison, WI, where I started running). Rumor had it that he trained for reinactments of ancient chinese-style battles and wanted to get used to the weight/heat of it. If you see him running up on you, you might want that tazer still. Confused
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't think anything in Madison would shock or frighten me--what a fun town! Big grin I'm definitely going to look for Bodyglide. Incidentally, the silicone based liquid stuff I have is also called Bodyglide, but I think it was designed more for folks into wearing PVC clothes, LOL! k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

WOW! You guys have some fun in the "Gears & Wears" section! Shocked
                                ROFLMAO!!! Man, if you can't have fun in "Gears & Wears" with product names like "Body Glide," something's WRONG with you... Sorry for the hijack earlier, zoom-zoom, but I just couldn't help myself...