Sub 1:30 Half Marathon 2021 Edition (Read 448 times)

zebano

Nah, just have fun.  I haven't raced in almost 3 months.  I don't know if I'll be as fast as last year coming off the back of altitude training while on holiday.  It's still two weeks away so I don't want to jinx it either.

Also, what was your Kiwi-inspired dinner?  (hopefully not actual Kiwi).

Cannibalism -- solving world hunger and overpopulation at the same time.

Oh, hopefully you meant the fruit.

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)

Marky_Mark_17

Cannibalism -- solving world hunger and overpopulation at the same time.

Oh, hopefully you meant the fruit.

Heh, actually I was referring to the bird (highly endangered) but that was funny too.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Maraetai HM, 10 Mar, DNF

Up next: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Heh, actually I was referring to the bird (highly endangered) but that was funny too.

Lamb stew! From a farm in NZ, since my local supply was dry.

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

runethechamp

What about the fruit?

5k: 20:32 (1/17)  |  HM: 1:34:37 (2/18)  |  FM: 3:31:37 (3/18)

Getting back into it

Running Problem

Problem Child

What about the fruit?

They make a fruit out of an endangered species? Man people are weird since COVID 19 started.

Heh, I must be working hard as I'm struggling a bit to keep up.

I understand this struggle so much more now. The thread moves as fast as the runners in it. SHEESH!

Mark I guess the half banana makes sense now. The title "the one where I wasn't hungover" could have worked as well Big grin I'm digging the Strava titles a lot. I almost hit a point of opening Strava JUST to see what you'll come up with next.

Piwi late congrats on the 10k.

Flavio I believe you hard water is called "hard water" in the united states. I'd expect to see some stains in the sinks around the drains because of the hard water.

rune way to make a comebak.

JamesD things appear to be look up for you as well.

There is a "car worship" gene? Never heard of it (guy with a project vehicle slowly walks away)...

Weekly for period: From: 01/02/2021 To 07/02/2021

Date Name Distance
            in km
            Duration Avg Pace
            per km
            Elevation Gain
            in m
            01/02/2021 Morning Activity 2.12 00:26:13 12:22 11
            01/02/2021 That time I can predict the ‘pause’ ending. 10.41 00:52:20 05:02 34
            02/02/2021 That time it was an atmospheric river of 🐂💩 11.28 00:55:44 04:56 35
            04/02/2021 That time I saw two hawks (no strides) and a bunch of ducks (no strides) 16.30 01:21:00 04:58 44
            05/02/2021 That time you can’t take it with you when you go 19.38 01:41:26 05:14 202
            05/02/2021 Watching people NOT pick up their dog poop. 3.66 00:45:44 12:30 13
            06/02/2021 That time it was shortened on account of going out to lunch. 9.66 00:48:28 05:01 34
            07/02/2021 That time I tried to impersonate the group photographer. 13.20 01:07:34 05:07 71

Total distance: 85.99km

49.9 miles running. All easy. Set out for a 15 miler on Satuday and had it canceled due to the wife wanting to go to lunch....and my stomach kinda feeling a little off. Didn't WANT to run Sunday and made myself do it because somehow 46ish miles for the week was going to be better for me than 40ish miles. Not bad for missing a day. Poor dog only got one walk so I had to make it a good one. Eventually I'm going to be serious about starting my TRX workouts. I should have started in January so I'd be far enough in to justify quitting. I just think it will really help with speed workouts, and Boston this year...if I get in and it happens.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Marky_Mark_17

They make a fruit out of an endangered species? Man people are weird since COVID 19 started.

OK I think this one needs to go on the quote page at the front, Keen.  I just about fell off my chair laughing at this.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Maraetai HM, 10 Mar, DNF

Up next: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

runethechamp

And what about the performances at the indoor meet in Lievin, France! Jakob Ingebrigtsen sets a European Record in the 1500 among several other strong performances:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgKDaDZPShyE

Edit, RA seems to auto-modify an "8" and an "I" to that smiley face in the link but the link still works.

Getting back into it

RP nice week almost 50 miles 

Yeah I guess the kiwi fruit has become more popular than the bird 🐦 😕 which is where all Kiwi name off shoots come from.

Rune that Jacob is amazing. Can't wait to see what he produces in the future.

We have a young guy about the same age here who literally lives 2kms from me who just ran a 3.54mile and 3.36 1500.

I just watched an indoor 3000m winner in 7.24 less than 1 sec outside the world record.

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

Running Problem

Problem Child

I honestly contemplated running the last 0.15 miles because “49.9 isn’t 50.” I ran out of “bothers” to give.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

darkwave

Mother of Cats

I honestly contemplated running the last 0.15 miles because “49.9 isn’t 50.” I ran out of “bothers” to give.

Am I the only one who rounds to the nearest half-mile?

For weekly mileage, 49.9 is 50 in my book, as is 49.8 or 50.2.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Running Problem

Problem Child

At some point I accepted the weekly goal is a goal and just because I hit it doesn't mean I'll do great on race day. I am a little OCD in that I'd rather see a 5 than a 4. Makes it more "official" and yes, I understand the stupidity of saying 49.9 miles isn't 50. I guess being 0.1 points shy of passing that bar exam or the Professional Engineer exam is the same as not running miles in my book. I'm a REALLY odd one...like REALLY odd.

VDOT 53.37 

zebano

Likely yes. Do you know how many people I've gone on casual runs with who will do little laps in the parking lot to get that last .15 miles so their watch says 7 miles instead of 6.85?

Jakob destroyed the field in that 1500. Wow. It's a shame they spent so much time on the triple jump. I need to go find the 3000m video now.

Does anyone else watch world chase tag? I watched a couple of videos yesterday and it's rather compelling for a niche sport. Honestly just the way they move and accelerate is pretty engrossing. It's much better than just parkour due to the competition aspect.

RP excellent week, even if it's not 50 miles 

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)

runethechamp

Piwi - That young local young guy should be fun to follow in the future with those times!

Z - Yes, that tv production was horrendous. I've watched enough track to know that in that case you wait to show the TJ until the 1500 is over.

RP - Love your comment!

DW - I never round up. But I've run up and down the block to get the right mileage 

Uh-oh Kiwis, looks like you have to watch out for a tsunami. Stay safe all. And I have a soreness kind of low on the inside of my knee. Tendon or ligament I guess? Might have to get it checked out because I don't want it to get bad and I don't want to stop running for too long 

Getting back into it

Zebano 3rd place in that 3000m miscounted and was sprinting the 2nd to last lap which actually helped the top 3 all go for broke.

Darkwave yes you are . I will run tiny bits outside my house to get an exact distance.

Rune I just woke and saw that tsunami warning. I'm coastal and we have had lots of these over the last few years. 1st ones we used to evacuate. Then after loads of tiny to nothing type tidal surges we don't worry too much now.

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

Piwi run up that hill where your son does boxing instead of along the beach!!!

HM: 1:47 (9/20) I FM: 3:53:11 (9/23)

2024 Goals: run a FM & HM + stay healthy!