Covid 19 (Read 476 times)

imagine that. Perhaps people should research things instead of expecting pictures to explain it all. After all, a picture IS worth 1,000 words. Thankfully this one picture was missing one really important word no one would know unless you listened to the news, or researched it. Back in my day we questioned the news. Today people just fact check memes if they don't believe what is in the picture.

Again, the original post said "Now the chyron is a bit misleading..." and you took issue with that asking "What is the misleading part?". I was pointing out that there was in fact, an error. To which you responded by being an ass. Again.

Perhaps you don't understand the word chryon. I'm not really sure.

dhuffman63

Trails

I've lost track...but is there a breakdown percentage wise as to the reasons people won't get vaxxed?  Ones I've see are:

1. Don't know what the long term effects of the vaccine are-I can somewhat support this but for me the potential effects of Covid outweigh that.

2. Belief in natural immunity.  Not sure what all that entails and how to prove it.

3. Already had Covid.  May or may not be valid.

4. Tin foil hat conspiracy beliefs.  These would be the Q believers.

4a. The "my vaccinated Gov says I don't have to"

Are there others I missed?  Wonder what % those 30% or so unvaxxed fall into.

Prince of Fatness

I've lost track...but is there a breakdown percentage wise as to the reasons people won't get vaxxed?  Ones I've see are:

1. Don't know what the long term effects of the vaccine are-I can somewhat support this but for me the potential effects of Covid outweigh that.

2. Belief in natural immunity.  Not sure what all that entails and how to prove it.

5.  Liberals want me to.

Not at it at all. 

DavePNW

The one explicitly stated in this thread: “I don’t want to.”

Maybe you’re overthinking it.

Dave

And also, just because someone asks questions regarding data and has some empathy and understanding towards people who choose not to have the vaccine - that doesn’t automatically make them an anti-vaxxer. Try to remember that. 👍

Rest assured, my final sentence was not intended as a judgement on your particular stance on the vaccine, but rather as an illustration of the relative importance of "in" vs. "on" for this subject, as I imagine taking the vaccine on the arm would render it rather ineffective in preventing the dying.

That written, I will indeed remember this outstanding non sequitur, if you promise to remember that seven days without pizza makes one weak.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
            Half Crazy K 2.0

5.  I eat organic/vegan/paleo//trendy diet and exercise, so I don't get sick

6. I definiately had covid in the fall of 2019. It was awful.

7. It is safer for me to know if I get sick vs an asymptomatic infection (yes, I really saw this one)

You mean vitamins don't have 97% efficacy against contracting Covid? Hand washing won’t prevent airborne transmission?

This image is crazy to me. https://twitter.com/benmeyerink/status/1437783211703246861?s=20

I just noticed this and would be interested to see the data. We were in the middle of a second wave in the early part of this year when NOBODY had the chance to get double vaccinated. My parents (93/86yo) didn’t get double vaccinated until the end of March and they were first in the queue. Try to keep it as real as possible. 👍

So, if they died early this year they would have been counted as unvaccinated. Simple logic.

The point is now that people are getting vaccinated very few of them are dying otherwise that number would be dropping a lot lower than 99%.

10. https://www.yahoo.com/news/mike-huckabee-blames-covid-19-085142523.html

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

'21 Goals:

No published goals...not going to jinx things • $500

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Running Problem

Problem Child

‘I don’t want it. I’m not afraid of catching Covid and I accept death as a possible outcome.’

Maybe when this one is acceptable to the authorities we can move forward. I never expect it to be an acceptable response because people tract the reasons to not be vaccinated instead of leaving people alone.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

5k19:35 | Marathon 2:59:10

darkwave

Mother of Cats

5.  I eat organic/vegan/paleo//trendy diet and exercise, so I don't get sick

6. I definiately had covid in the fall of 2019. It was awful.

7. It is safer for me to know if I get sick vs an asymptomatic infection (yes, I really saw this one)

Other reasons:

8. being advised by one's doctor not to get it, or to wait a certain period of time before getting it.

9. not being able to take the time off of work for the vaccination and possible recovery period after.

10. Crippling phobia of needles.

11. Fears of being picked up due to one's undocumented status in the US.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Prince of Fatness

Maybe when this one is acceptable to the authorities we can move forward. I never expect it to be an acceptable response because people tract the reasons to not be vaccinated instead of leaving people alone.

So the authorities are using your non vaccination status as a reason to torment you and ruin your life?  I have some news for you. You’re not that important. None of us are. 

Of course it is your choice to not get the shot. Personally I wish that you would but I’m not going to waste my time trying to convince you. I hope that you or anyone else that you come in contact with doesn’t pay the ultimate price for your choice. 

And you’ll have to forgive me if I support society imposing restrictions upon you to protect its members. I don’t get my jollies from your misery. It’s just a matter of owning our choices and living with the consequences.

Not at it at all. 

Running Problem

Problem Child

So the authorities are using your non vaccination status as a reason to torment you and ruin your life?  I have some news for you. You’re not that important. None of us are. 

Of course it is your choice to not get the shot. Personally I wish that you would but I’m not going to waste my time trying to convince you. I hope that you or anyone else that you come in contact with doesn’t pay the ultimate price for your choice. 

And you’ll have to forgive me if I support society imposing restrictions upon you to protect its members. I don’t get my jollies from your misery. It’s just a matter of owning our choices and living with the consequences.

I like to limit my contact with others to less than 15 minutes while indoors and within 6 feet of each other while wearing masks. No I’m not joking. 

A meme from the bad place

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 51

5k19:35 | Marathon 2:59:10