What is your favorite beer? (Read 3172 times)

Well, a Lambic  contains a very particular yeast and a particular bacteria. These come from the spontaneous fermentation in this region of Belgium.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Meh.  Many modern lambics are innoculated AND the innoculation comes as well from the tanks and the workers' hands, etc.  AND that a beer is innoculated from the air rather than from a manual innoculation does not necessarily make it better, more pure or tastier.  Many of the best Lambics in the world are actually brewed in Wisconsin.

Speaking of New Galrus, I am currently drinking their Imperial Weizen.  It is currently my favorite beer.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Liefman's Kriekbier is not a Lambic

On what do you base this assertion?

xor

That makes you an imperial weizentrooper.

So Sparkling Wines, not from Champaign, are still Champaign?

xor

Only in Illinois.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, a Lambic  contains a very particular yeast and a particular bacteria. These come from the spontaneous fermentation in this region of Belgium.

No.

Multiple yeasts.

Multiple bacteria.

And they yeasts and bacteria do not come from spontaneous fermentation, although they can create fermentation.

On what do you base this assertion?

It doesn't have the Lambic base. I read more about it and the sourness actually came from the Kriek. I guess I had just made the assumption that it was a Lambic. Either way it is still better than the Lindeman's. On that note, Lindeman's is not a Kriek, since it doesn't actually use Kriek Cherries.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What SRL said.

But if you meant to refer to Champagne, then your point is only valid IN France.  Outside of France, French naming laws have no jurisdiction.

xor

This thread hurts me.

I'm going to drink a Henry Weinhard Blue Boar Pale Ale.  $5.99 a six, which is cheap in Seattle.  I do not care whether it is x or y.  The shit is good.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It doesn't have the Lambic base.

What is this "Lambic base" of which you speak?

No.

Multiple yeasts.

Multiple bacteria.

And they yeasts and bacteria do not come from spontaneous fermentation, although they can create fermentation.

Obviously, I am doing a piss poor job of explaining, so here.

What is this "Lambic base" of which you speak?

Well, Kriek is added to a beer in the Kriekbier and that beer is not a Lambic. lol

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So you are saying that kriek ≠ lambic?

You are doing a piss poor job of explaining?  Maybe you don't know what you are talking about?

Why is it sideways?

Guinness: yeah, it's almost trite, but it still delivers.