m.runninghead.com? (Read 1937 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Seems like this may have come up in the past, but how about a dead-simple, stripped-down mobile optimized version of RA?  

I've found that when accessing the site from my mobile (iOS) device, the forums render nicely in a readable column, but the training log requires a lot of side-scrolling, and since there's a whole lot of possible inputs for a workout, it's a really busy page.  

I'm envisioning a simple log page where you can enter date/time, length of run, running time.  Maybe a few more items, but all in one column (so you only have to scroll up and down) in large, easy to read font (can't you tell I recently turned 40?).

And at the bottom of the page of the mobile site, have an option to switch back and forth to/from the desktop version.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

MrH

I'm envisioning a simple log page where you can enter date/time, length of run, running time.  Maybe a few more items, but all in one column (so you only have to scroll up and down) in large, easy to read font (can't you tell I recently turned 40?).

Do you use the training log? Clown

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

keeponrunning

I would use a mobile version as well.  In the summer I go up to pretty much the middle of nowhere, and the only internet access is via my cellphone.  The side-scrolling to log my runs does get frustrating.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Patzer

Yes, please!  I'd LOVE a small HTML version of RA.  It would only the very simplest of tools, just enough to log an entry.  Given how RA uses dynamic forms, a JS-less version would probably take entries in a multi-step format.  If you do this, I'll gladly donate again.

Current goal: an Olympic distance triathlon. Did two of them! New goal: a half-ironman?? Did that too. New goal: I'll have to get back to you.

Patzer

For that matter an JSON-based api.runningahead.com would be like heaven dawned and deposited gifts of joy and love to all running-kind.

Current goal: an Olympic distance triathlon. Did two of them! New goal: a half-ironman?? Did that too. New goal: I'll have to get back to you.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

bump

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Cryptic

Bump

IMKY13 finish!!

bump Smile

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles

eric :)

*sign*

mikeymike

I dunno, this site works pretty well via mobile already (he said from his mobile.)

Runners run

Feeling the growl again

I dunno, this site works pretty well via mobile already 

Yup.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Manuel.

Have to agree with the original poster - a mobile version of the website would be great.