Hats (Read 902 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Wow, jeffgoblue, you're pretty brave mocking visors while wearing that odd contraption on your head. Is it on loan from the French Foreign Legion?
    Yep, but if they want it back they're gonna have to come and get it themselves... Clowning around

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

JakeKnight

Evil grin Be My questions are: Does anyone have experience with wearing a visor? Does anyone have a hat brand preference? I honestly prefer velcro adjustable hats, they stay in place better and don't hurt. OR...are there baseball style hats made for runners, ones that allow more air or something?
      When I look around, it seems like all the fast, cool runners (actually we have a phrase for these in the 2000k club, but it might offend some people here so I'll skip it ...) seem to wear visors. Personally, I'd prefer to wear a visor. I've gotten addicted to wearing hats when I run .... something about the brim of the visor focusing your eyes like a bird of prey? .... but it's too hot now. A visor would fix that. So what's the problem? Well - I look, um, dorkastic in a visor. (Sorry if I used dorkastic incorrectly, it's new to me). Seriously though, every time I try on a visor, I fall over laughing at myself. So .... the answer is - wear a visor. If you can stand to look at yourself in the mirror. Because let's face it, looking good is all that matters. Some people look cool in visors. Hopefully, you're one of them.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

A visor would fix that. So what's the problem? Well - I look, um, dorkastic in a visor. (Sorry if I used dorkastic incorrectly, it's new to me)
        It's dorktastic, but otherwise excellent usage. Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

JakeKnight

It's dorktastic, but otherwise excellent usage. Big grin
          I knew I'd screw it up. How geektacular of me.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I knew I'd screw it up. How geektacular of me.
            ROFL

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Also lately been a fan of the "word" ridorkulous... Clowning around
              If you don't ™ that word *I* will! That is almost as awesome as ginormous and asshat! Big grin Speaking of hats (nice seque, huh?) I have a couple Nike wicking hats and one Brook one. I love these. I have a visor, too, but I don't like it as it doesn't stay in place as well, plus the scalp burning issue (blonde hair + fair complexion = burned part). The hats also do a better job helping sweat to evaporate, rather than running into my eyes. I actually had issues last Spring with eczema on my eyelids once I started sweating more with warmer weather...yeah, I'm allergic to my own profuse sweat... Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

If you don't ™ that word *I* will!
                The idea of the -tastic and -tacular suffixes on funny words is not my own, but I completely made up ridorkulous myself and I'm ready to throw down for it! Evil grin

I actually had issues last Spring with eczema on my eyelids once I started sweating more with warmer weather...yeah, I'm allergic to my own profuse sweat...k
                  Really? My husband's eyelids react big time to things he can't figure out. I wonder if he has an issue like this...Hmmmm. I'll have to look into that.

Michelle

I just used ridorkulous in an e-mail!! But don't worry, I didn't stake claim to it. Tongue

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Really? My husband's eyelids react big time to things he can't figure out. I wonder if he has an issue like this...Hmmmm. I'll have to look into that.
                      Is he pretty prone to allergies/asthma? Eczema goes along with those things. Year 'round Allegra has really helped me, too. k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I actually had issues last Spring with eczema on my eyelids once I started sweating more with warmer weather...yeah, I'm allergic to my own profuse sweat...
                        Could it actually be the sunscreen you're using, and the profuse sweat Dead is the mechanism by which the sunscreen gets on your eyelids?

Is he pretty prone to allergies/asthma? Eczema goes along with those things. Year 'round Allegra has really helped me, too.k
                          He has animal allergies big time - but nothing else that I know of. He won't take meds on a daily basis. But, I like having something to suggest for him to check out - so I'll mention to him about the sweat theory. He won't do anything about it but at least he'll have another thought as to what causes it.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Could it actually be the sunscreen you're using, and the profuse sweat Dead is the mechanism by which the sunscreen gets on your eyelids?
                            Nope, wasn't using sunscreen at the time (late Spring, not a ton of sun, shortish runs). I'm just a sweaty pig. Tongue Once I started wearing a hat and carrying a cotton hanky for mopping up the sweat things improved. The Allegra has also helped my overall allergy issues. k

~ Sarah Kay

This has become a very odd string, indeed... I wear visors just about anytime I can. It is my wardrobe of choice most days in the summer and on weekends. In fact, I once showed up a friend's house for (in her words) "to watch the Oscars and have some pizza with friends". I showed up in shorts, a t-shirt, flip-flops, and, you guessed it, one of my best worn-out, sunbleached visors (think Nike, powder blue) - to the utter shock and horror of my host. She opens the door, all glam, in a black cocktail dress and pearls. All the ladies were in skirts or pant suits and most of the men were wearing jackets - most of whom I have never seen in my life! Oh well. I still laugh about it. But I digress, Nike Dri-Fit makes a good visor. So does Adidas Climalite. I am neither cool, nor fast (and I am sure I look like a bit of a knob) but it keeps my head cool and the sun out of my eyes. JakeKnight - I am interested in the name you all have for folks like me... it's all good fun, and I have a pretty thick skin. No risk of offending.
                                I wear a Nike Dri-fit hat, with velcro closure.
                                Me, too! ... a yellow one. It's now kind of a "part of me" when I run ... I'm just really used to it. Plus, it's bright, and those Baltimore motorists need all the help they can get avoiding hitting me
                                2009: BQ?